Details: Paid personal/sick leave for part- or full-time commitment; full-time commitment includes full benefits, including health insurance.
11 Broadway, #300
The Lang School is an alternative school in lower Manhattan for high potential, gifted, and twice-exceptional (2e) students in grades 2 through 12. "2e" students are both particularly strong learners and have diagnosed learning challenges (e.g., dyslexia, ADHD, anxiety, HFA), in addition to the social-emotional and behavioral difficulties that tend to accompany this asynchrony. Our curriculum is rigorous and richly differentiated, flexibly meeting the needs of students who need both acceleration and support intervention plans.
Lang faculty and therapeutic staff actively partner in all aspects of student education and development. We invest generously in professional development and offer collaborative mentoring opportunities throughout the school year with staff developers. Lang educators are self-motivated, have an ongoing interest in personal and professional growth, a commitment to open and transparent communications, and a desire to invest in a larger community mission of equity, excellence, and innovation.
We are looking for a creative, well-educated, and self-reflective Biology teacher, either on a part-time or full-time basis, to begin at the end of August. This is a unique opportunity to be mentored by senior science faculty.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead teach middle-school biology
- Assist senior science faculty in teaching physics, chemistry, and environmental science
- Manage lab, project and class materials
- Option: part-time work, with a minimum of three 8am-4pm days/week
- Option: full-time work, to include superivsion of student independent-studies projects (full benefits, including employer-paid health insurance, accompany this option)
Unique opportunity to be mentored by senior science faculty.
Paid personal/sick leave for part- or full-time commitment; full-time commitment includes full benefits, including health insurance.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply via email only to email@example.com and please include–
- A letter specific to The Lang School that discusses what appeals to you about our school, mission, practices, and unique population, as well as why you believe you would be a good fit.
- An updated, professional resume that indicates current U.S. credentials and teaching experience.