Washington School for Girls (WSG) is now in its twenty-first year as an independent, privately financed school, serving a vulnerable population in the Southeast quadrant of Washington, DC. WSG provides a caring and safe environment for young girls, grades 3rd through 8th, who are living in an under-served urban area and are at risk of leaving school prematurely. Students receive a solid and holistic education in the Catholic educational tradition, featuring intellectual challenge, respect for diversity, and support for the spiritual, social and emotional growth of each student. WSG works with each student to identify the best high school placement and tracks her progress throughout.
WSG SLOGAN: In the Spirit of COURAGEOUS WOMEN!
Washington School for Girls includes 2 campuses and is searching for an individual who is strong and committed to the holistic development of children. Our Campus at The VIEW houses our 3rd - 5th grades, while our Campus at THEARC serves grades 6th - 8th. Our students face unusual daily challenges and live in an underserved section of Washington, D.C.
WSG is looking for an individual who is not afraid to take risks, comfortable with using technology and wants to collaborate with our girls. WSG is looking for a spectacular professional who is flexible, wants to engage with the families, and has high expectations of students.
The Washington School for Girls is not only a great place to work, but also a wonderful opportunity for growth! We want the experience in the classroom to not only be transformative for the students but also for you as a person and professional.
Do you have the drive, compassion, and believe in our mission? Please Apply!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Plan and prepare lessons, assignments, instructional materials;
· Teach grade and subject areas and perform duties assigned by Principal of the Washington School for Girls;
· Prepare and conduct classes that invite and foster optimal learning for each child;
· Evaluate student progress using appropriate assessment techniques;
· Confer with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arrange and participate in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences whenever indicated for the welfare of the student;
· Maintain a self-contained classroom;
· Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, textbooks, materials and facilities;
· Fulfill all record keeping and other administrative duties in timely manner;
· Supervise breakfast, recess, lunch, club and independent study activities according to schedule;
· Attend and actively participates in WSG staff/faculty, family meetings and provides input regarding the planning of instruction goals, objectives and methods (including occasional evening meetings).
· Actively participate in professional development courses/classes offered to improve skill and knowledge
· Represent the mission of WSG in thought, word, action and with excellence
· Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
· Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time, professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
· Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to work with diverse populations;
· Collaborative leadership and decision making
· Data management tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Microsoft Office, Class Dojo, Redeker Parent Plus Portal and Google Drive)
· Committed to Catholic Education that is academically excellent
· Proven ability to work as a member of a team
· Commitment to their own learning
· A minimum of three years teaching experience is required
· Strong background of teaching reading is preferred
Education Requirements: Master’s Degree required in the applicable field of Mathematics, Education or related field.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
jobs at wsgdc.org
ATTN: Kelley Lockard, Assistant Principal
Please include in Subject Line: Middle School Math Teacher Position
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Job Type: Full-time
Washington School for Girls (WSG) is now in its twenty-first year as an independent, privately financed school, serving a vulnerable population in the Southeast quadrant of Washington, DC. WSG provides a caring and safe environment for young…
Health, dental, paid leave, 401K
Health, dental, paid leave, 401K