District of Columbia
Reports to: Executive Director, “Groundwork Collaborative”
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
The Hub Project is about to launch and incubate a new, ongoing undertaking that will focus on advancing a coherent economic worldview within the broader progressive movement.This project, tentatively titled the “Groundwork Collaborative,” will work with partners from across the movement to weave a through line among efforts and policy ideas that too often seem disparate.We’re looking for a Deputy Executive Director to help build this new project from the ground up, taking part in everything from hiring the initial team to developing overall strategy to leading the execution of the project’s goals. Working closely with the Executive Director of the “Groundwork Collaborative” – who is also the Managing Director for Policy and Research at the Hub Project – you’ll serve in a key leadership role, helping to define the project, identifying and overcoming obstacles, and carrying out the overall mission.You will directly supervise and manage a team of 6 or 7 dedicated staff by the end of the first year, as well as overseeing the work of many other Hub staff who will dedicate at least some of their time to the project.We need someone with a rare combination of vision and practical skills who can help us pull off a challenging but exciting new effort in a dynamic team environment.
As Deputy Executive Director, you’ll…
- Partner with the Executive Director to develop and execute on a strategic plan for the project.
- Assist in recruiting and hiring a diverse team of superstars.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor that team, including taking responsibility for their professional development and growth.
- Direct and supervise most activities of the project.
- Ensure that the project is making progress towards its own mission.
- Represent the project to partners, stakeholders, and the public.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You have experience managing and developing a team.
- You’re deeply familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community.
- You’re a pro at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You’re well-organized and live for the details.
- You’re eager to take on some thorny challenges that no one else has managed to solve yet.
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans.
In addition, it would be a bonus if…
- You have an advanced degree in a relevant field such as economics, public policy, or political science.
- You’ve worked in non-profit advocacy, research, government, or political campaigns.
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is made up of a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics.We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.