Responsible for balance sheet account analysis and account reconciliations during the monthly close. Researching account transactions to ensure completeness of accounting records and completeness of supporting documentation. Maintaining revenue, accounts receivable and advances payable analysis to ensure proper record keeping for multiple programs and reconciling such with funder databases. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for maintaining information contained in the organization’s current purchasing software platforms, educating, and supporting agency and vendor users, providing routine and requested special reports, and ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures related to procurement and purchasing. Responsible for monthly reconciliations of purchases with banking records and general ledger transactions to ensure complete and correct ledger accounting for all programs.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Perform account reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts assigned by Supervisor.
- Review/audit accounting departments support documents related to purchases to ensure proper approvals were documented for audit purposes.
- Perform account analysis and provide explanations for variances of actual results vs. budget or prior year results.
- Receive and review purchase requisitions for accuracy in descriptions and G/L coding.
- Receive and record all purchase request in our Concur PO system.
- Research purchase options to secure the fairest price based on item specifications and timing needs.
- Facilitates all departments’ purchasing of major equipment and supplies based upon approved budgets.
- Ensure all appropriate levels of approval are obtained and supported with valid documentation prior to issuing purchase orders.
- Ensures compliance with organization’s policies and procedures related to procurement and purchasing.
- Follow up with site staff to ensure timely delivery of goods/services and proper recordkeeping of receipts.
- Assist Accounts Payable with proper coding and allocation of items/services purchased.
- Train remote purchase requisitions on how to properly. Utilize input and code purchase requisitions into agency’s purchasing software.
- Comply with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Assist in other areas and functions of the finance department.
- Performs additional related responsibilities as requested by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, in accounting, finances, business administration, or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Accounting experience and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Previous account reconciliation experience required.
- Previous experience with financial audits preferred.
- Previous purchasing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with purchasing and procurement internal controls preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, minimally Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.