432 East 149th Street
2nd and 4th Floor
BronxConnect Workforce and Reentry Case Managers are responsible for providing comprehensive case management services for those returning from Rikers Island. The Workforce Case Manager is part of the BronxConnect Workforce and Reentry team and works under the supervision of the Workforce and Reentry Manager to provide case management, counseling, referrals to employment, housing, substance abuse services as well as any service client may need to help them stabilize, secure employment and avoid recidivism. The Case Manager is also responsible for maintaining client records, database, making and monitoring referrals for clients, and interacting with the families of clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a caseload of about 15 clients.
- Conduct intake interviews with potential clients
- Develop and monitor strategy plans for clients
- Meet weekly with youth for 1-on-1 Brief Challenges sessions
- Make and monitor referrals for clients
- Prepare clients with job acquisition skills
- Support client in Resume creation, job application and interview skills
- Interviews client’s record and assess employment information to determine clients’ career development opportunities.
- Establish relationships with employers that will work with youth in training program
- Determines employers’ job requirements and refers qualified clients.
- Determines clients eligibility for employment and explains requirements of job.
- Determines what employment services are needed and explains available job openings and occupational trainings available.
- Work with Jails 2 Job Fedcap personnel to execute contract, secure employment and services for clients, promote positive living and reduce recidivism.
- Personal development in light of the mission, vision and core values of BronxConnect
- Promote the work of BronxConnect through personal and professional contacts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree with a Bachelors Degree preferred or 5 years experience leading educational and employment work.
- Minimum 3 years experience with returning citizens.
- Comfortable working in a South Bronx community-based setting, and grass roots.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in counseling, staffing, human resources or workforce development.
- Experience in case management and/or career counseling and working with economically disadvantaged workers, incarcerated and formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Able to travel in and out of Rikers Island.
- Able to work in harsh environment, follow strict policies and procedures long with safety guidelines.
- Excellent spoken and written presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain written documentation.
- Experience working with Latino & African-American families. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Applicants from the South Bronx, Harlem, Washington Heights or similar urban areas, are encouraged to apply.
- Highly creative; skilled multi-tasker, precise attention to details and initiator; works well under pressure with competing priorities under strict time constraints.
- Must be comfortable with E-mail/Voicemail/Faxes/General Office Equipment
- Available to work evenings.
- Available to work on Rikers Island.
- Formerly incarcerated and/or court involved people welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail RESUME and COVER LETTER to Jobs.Uyai@gmail.com attention Rev. Wendy Calderon Payne, Executive Director.
Cover letters must contain desired salary requirements.
Applicants can only apply via email. No calls to the office will be accepted.
Resumes with no cover letter will not be reviewed.
On a separate word document, please respond to the following question and submit it with the above attachments.
What would you if you have a difficult participant refusing to participate in program?
To learn more about our work: BronxConnect.org
Follow up on Facebook: www.facebook.com/bronxconnect
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Minimum Education Required