Details: Based on experience
557 McReynolds Rd
Program Assistants, School and Community Partnerships are outgoing, friendly, team players with exceptional group facilitation skills and a passion for working with children and families. They are responsible for the set-up, clean up, and facilitation of educational programming at Bay Area Discovery Museum. Program Assistants are also responsible for administrative support for the School and Community Partnerships team, including data processing and materials organization. This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible position running from September through May and reporting to the Program Manager, STEM Workshops. Separate employment opportunities exist assisting BADM museum and camp programming when schools are not in session (during Winter, February, Spring, and Summer breaks).
- Greet, support, and lead facilitated educational programs for groups of up to 80 Pre-K through 5th grade students both at the Bay Area Discovery Museum and at schools and libraries throughout the Bay Area. Interact with students, teachers, and adult caregivers from diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Maintain and set up program materials and teaching spaces.
- Support customer service and payment for school and community partnership groups. Act as radio lead and respond to calls for support for school groups.
- Complete logistical tasks including preparing arrival materials, assembling post-visit packets to send to schools, collecting and entering data, and organizing program collateral.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Experience working with and addressing large groups of Pre-K through 5th grade students, teachers, and adult caregivers.
- Experience working with children and families from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese strongly preferred.
- Access to personal transportation required. Local travel is necessary up to 4 days per week.
- BA or BS in early childhood, science or art education, museum studies, recreation or relevant field preferred. Some Early Childhood Education units desirable but not required.
- Strong organization and planning skills. Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with diverse members in a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Outlook, or similar software.
- DOJ LiveScan and criminal record clearance.
- Proof of absence of tuberculosis (TB) required before starting employment.
- Uniform is required and items will be provided.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. BADM provides 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance to all full-time employees, as well as generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks per year. In addition, we offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through BADM’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish or Cantonese strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should apply online at:
Please be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter, which will be requested in two different steps of the application process.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.