Bebashi - Transition to Hope, a Philadelphia-based health and social services agency, is seeking a relationship-oriented Director of Development to join our team. Bebashi provides culturally sensitive health-related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities, such as breast cancer and hunger, within the urban community of Philadelphia. Our mission is to empower individuals to enhance the quality of their health and overall wellbeing.
As Bebashi continues an exciting year of growth, the Director of Development will play a critical role setting our fundraising strategy. You will serve as an important face of the organization, representing Bebashi to all potential donors, grant-giving organizations, corporate sponsors, and other relevant partners. Working directly with the Executive Director, you will lead a small development team and collaborate internally to ensure a strong giving strategy that inspires our audiences and connects them to the very important work we do. You will build off our existing development strategy, with a high level of autonomy to bring in your own creative vision and ideas for expanding upon it. The ideal candidate is excited about our mission, has been successful with both individual and corporate/institutional giving, and is able to inspire others to be passionate about our work!
- Work closely with the Executive Director to set annual fundraising goals
- Supervise the Development Assistant, interns, and future staff as the team grows
- Diversify our revenue streams with particular emphasis on individuals, corporate sponsors, and local agencies that align with our work
- Develop and maintain positive ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Contribute to our donor marketing strategy, which will include direct mailers, social media, e-blasts, newsletters, and other forms of communication
- Brainstorm new fundraising ideas and events with a high level of creative liberty
- Assist with Board development and management, particularly in the area of fundraising
- Collaborate with internal teams to create stories out of our important work that resonate with our donor audience
- Serve as a face for the organization to individual donors, corporate sponsors, grant-giving institutions, and other relevant partners
- Inspire the Philadelphia community to feel drawn to and connected with our work!
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, or other relevant degree from an accredited 4-year institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certificate in fundraising management preferred
- 5+ years development and fundraising experience, with demonstrated success with both individual and corporate giving
- Knowledge of potential public/private funding sources
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial/grants reporting
- Knowledge of special events planning
- Experience in recruiting, managing, motivating and engaging Board members in fundraising and special events
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to create compelling stories and messaging that inspires others
- Demonstrated empathy for low-income people and a passion for the work we do
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Highly comfortable with general office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) and fundraising management software