3900 Willow Street
Dallas Afterschool, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, was formed in 2007 with a mission to improve the quality of afterschool and summer programs in our community. Dallas Afterschool acts as an intermediary for these agencies, providing professional development for program staff based on national best practice standards for quality. Working with 700 staff members at 180 sites throughout Dallas County, we inform, train, support and assess programs collectively impacting 14,000 underserved K-12 grade students. We define quality through the Afterschool Quality Assessment tool (AQuA) and its ten essential elements, all of which come from evidence-based practice.
The Research and Evaluation team implements program evaluation at the student, program, and community levels by monitoring student academic and social-emotional outcomes, assessing the effectiveness of the Program Quality Initiative, and tracking community-level changes in the Out of School Time field.
The Research Associate will work under the direction of the Manager of Research and Evaluation. This person is responsible for administering surveys, collecting data, creating reports from database exports and conducting basic analysis. This position roughly spends sixty percent of its time in the field with Dallas Afterschool partner programs and forty percent in the office collaborating and problem solving with team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support partner onboarding into the Student Outcomes Project (SOP)
- Collecting, entering, and managing raw data
- Administering surveys
- Facilitating student social-emotional assessments with afterschool program staff
- Guide program staff in accessing and interpreting social-emotional assessment data
- Ensure security of student data, especially Personally Identifiable information.
- Schedule and coordinate site quality assessments with partner sites and assessment team
- Analyze and report on internal quality data collection to assist the PQI team in decision making or assessing progress to goals
- Disseminate assessment data to program sites/organizations
- Support the creation and improvement of internal processes as a part of the Research and Evaluation team
- Other duties as assigned
- qAbility to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Capacity to manage multiple timelines and meet project deadlines
- Readily adapts plans to overcome challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Reliable transportation required
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Access and SPSS a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Associate degree and one year of work experience OR three years of administrative/clerical experience
- Experience, paid or volunteer, in primary education or with afterschool or summer programs a plus
Dallas Afterschool offers a comprehensive benefits package which presently includes health, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, long term disability coverage, optional retirement savings program (401k), paid time off, and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required