Position Summary: The Residential Support Services Coordinator is responsible for working directly with Runaway and Homeless Youth, specializing in sexually exploited and trafficked young women, ages 16-24. The Residential Support Services Coordinator is responsible for providing counseling, comprehensive case management and advocacy services; serves not only as case manager, but as advocate, ally, counselor, and a support system for young women in crisis. The Residential Support Services Coordinator is an essential part of the Residential Team and the overall GEMS Community.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Responsible for providing holistic and comprehensive trauma-informed case management to all GEMS residents.
- Build transformational relationships with traumatized and disenfranchised young women ages 16-24.
- Ensure safety of residents and promote confidentiality.
- Conduct support groups as needed.
- In collaboration with TIL Manager, aids residents with finances, employment, food, clothing, medication monitoring and compliance.
- In collaboration with the Residential Director, coordinate physical and mental health assessment of each youth to ensure all needs are being met and treatment service delivery is followed through accordingly.
- In collaboration with the Residential Director, complete referral assessments and communicate with referral sources as needed.
- Coordinate referrals to school, medical, dental, psych services, job placement, and others, depending on the need of each youth.
- Comply with all DYCD, OCFS, OVW and HIPAA regulations.
- Set and contribute to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model- guiding and empowering members and facilitating appropriate behavior around daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
- Develop individualized goal plans, including discharge planning and support the realization of participants individualized goal plans through monthly ISPs.
- Meet with residents at least once a week.
- Conduct court advocacy as needed.
- Accompany residents on appointments as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining thorough and accurate records, case files, required forms/consents/HIPAA, expense reports, check requests, correspondence, and DYCD/OCFS/OVW reporting summaries; complete necessary documentation in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Participate in main office events, monthly TIL staff meetings, and collaboration with all GEMS staff and members.
- Respond to crisis as needed and respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff, being available on weekends and evenings for crisis intervention
- Maintain relationships, collaborations and linkages with CBO’s and other related service providers identified and/or approved by the Residential Director and make referrals as needed.
- Promote a community environment fostered by GEMS core values and foundational principles.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field of study with equivalent clinical and professional experience. Masters degree with clinical component highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with youth in a case management setting and sensitivity to the needs of sexually exploited and runaway and homeless young women.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with mental health related issues, complex trauma, substance abuse, court involved youth, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, child welfare related issues and crisis intervention techniques.
- Vast knowledge of youth services in NYC, including housing, RHY and DV
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate small groups and workshops.
- Ability to work a minimum of two nights (4pm-12am) a week and be available for crisis as needed.
- Attention to Detail
- Attitude Toward Others
- Emotional Control
- Empathetic Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Following Directions
- Meeting Standards
- Personal Accountability
- Project/Task and Goals Focus
- Respect for Policies
- Team Player
- Excellent Administrative Duties
- Organized Workplace