S V Degree College road
Grameena Vikas Kendram Society for Rural Development (GVK) is an innovative Indian NGO based in Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, South India.
We are a hybrid organization with a mission to bring about sustainable life for rural communities in South India, with a major focus on cotton and sweet orange farmers. We try to achieve this by developing agricultural, human-centered projects which combat climate change/environmental degradation and address socio-economic issues affecting farming communities.
Our social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Linked-in @gvksociety
Since we are growing fast and several new opportunities are arising, GVK is seeking interns for our Zero Budget National Farming Project (ZBNF). The ZBNF project is a government project which supports farmers to switch from chemical-dependent farming to organic and pesticide-free farming. We are an implementing partner in four mandals in Kadapa district and support a total of 10,000 farmers. We are looking for three motivated and dedicated interns for a period of three to six months, to use this project as a spring board and create new opportunities in the field of value addition, marketing and certification. You are the limit!
· Build projects on top of the existing ZBNF project
· Expand the current ZBNF project
· Seek funding from government or other resources
The ideal candidate must:
· have some knowledge of agriculture/farming and NGO fields
· be proficient in English
· be committed to the humanitarian values of GVK
· good communication skills
· be convincing
· adaptable to cultural circumstances
· have an open and flexible attitude
· be okay with spicy food and hot weather
· Opportunity to get a paid position after 6 months
· To be a part of Innovative project
· Possibility to interact and visit with tribal villagers and farmers in Eastern Ghats, Southern India.
· A certificate of excellence
· Your profile will be added to our website
· An exciting intercultural start up environment
· Authentic Indian experience, you will become a part of the GVK family
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send an email containing CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. In case you need more information, do not hesitate to email us. We look forward to receiving your application. Thank you!