1910 Magnolia Avenue
Are you ready to take your event planning experience to the next level?
I. TITLE: Development Manager -- Events
II. REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Special Events
IV. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Functioning as a member of the Development and Community Relations team, the Development Manager supports the overall mission of Children’s Bureau by planning, implementing and managing all aspects of annual fundraising events and volunteer events within assigned portfolio. This position ensures funding by developing and implementing strategies relating to special events, volunteer recruitment and management, corporate underwriting/sponsorship, and logistics. THIS IS A FUDRAISING POSITION.
V. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Desire and ability to build relationships that result in long-term donor commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Demonstrated experience with the responsible management of budgets, choosing vendors, evaluating competitive bids, etc.
- Ability to communicate at a high level of both oral and written expression with tact, discretion, and diplomacy. Interpersonal skills required to work with diverse volunteer constituencies, agency leadership, donors, vendors, service staff, etc.
- Commitment to the mission and work of Children’s Bureau with the credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from others.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years successful experience in special events fundraising or related Development position.
- Demonstrated project management experience: conceptualizing, designing, managing timelines and budgets, implementing, coordinating and evaluating events.
- Must be able to stand for event shift and lift 25 lbs.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
VI. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Specials Events to set annual revenue and expense budgets for events.
- Recruit volunteer event chairs, committee chairs, and committee members.
- Provide financial updates and event summary reports to Associate Director of Special Events and volunteer committees.
- Proficient in core computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database application is preferred. InDesign a plus.
- Manage all aspects of event cycle including, but not limited to: committee recruitment and communications, timelines, agendas, event collateral, travel and other itinerary arrangements, all associated logistics, donor and volunteer follow-up and recognition.
- Support volunteer leadership in the solicitation, recognition and stewardship of event sponsorships from individuals and corporations.
- Maintain event revenues and expenses.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications on all media aspects of events.
- Explore, develop and implement new and meaningful fundraising and volunteer events that generate additional revenue, cultivate new constituents, and/or recruit and retain corporate resources.
- Work with program administration staff to determine where volunteers and volunteer events are needed and deployed. Serve as liaison between program administrative staff and volunteers. Calendar seasonal/event related volunteer opportunities.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Special Events, Director of Donor Relations and Chief Development Officer.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel and clients.
- Assist Associate Director of Special Events and other Development staff as needed.
- Support program-related events (i.e. open houses, community and media related events)
- Attend required meetings as follows: All-Staff, Development team and all special event committee meetings and events.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required