Details: *Possibility to grow into a salaried position
2300 Master Street
As an education provider, Big Picture Philadelphia’s (BPP) approach of learning through internships, inquiry, collaboration, and mentoring establishes an educational practice that supports higher graduation rates and career pathways for students. We seek to eradicate school drop-out and establish the city as a launch pad for youth to pursue a secure future, including sustained employment in a living wage job.
Since 2009 we’ve contracted with the School District of Philadelphia to oversee all programming at el Centro de Estudiantes, an accelerated high school for students who have previously disengaged from school. Our success led to an innovative partnership with the School District, Philadelphia Housing Authority, and the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers to open Vaux Big Picture High School in September 2017. The school currently serves grades 9 and 10, and will grow to 504 students in grades 9-12 during the 2020-21 school year.
As we prepare for continued, quick growth, we are eager to hire a contracted grant writer who will assist the Director of Development in advancing our ambitious fundraising strategies.
- Develop and write grant proposals and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, and attachments
- Maintain a grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and
- Maintain funder information and grants movement data in eTapestry
- Conduct on-going prospect research to grow the grant calendar
- Prioritize projects and keep multiple projects moving forward
- Produce grant related reports for board and senior level management
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to craft funding proposals in clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Ability to amplify organization’s strengths
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, highly-organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced setting
- Experience in grant writing for education programs / schools is preferred
- Experience with health and human services is a plus
- Familiarity with donor relationship management software packages, specifically ETapestry
- Familiarity with research tools, especially Foundation Directory Online
- Experience working with communities of color and demonstrated understanding of social,
- emotional, and academic impact of poverty
Reports to: Director of Development
Salary Range: $60 - $80 per hour, dependent upon experience *Possibility to grow into a salaried position
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLICATION AND HIRING PROCESS
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: BPP Grant Writer
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; interviews will take place in November and December, beginning with a phone interview and submission of writing samples and referrals. We would like our new Grant Writer to begin December or January.