75 Sidney Street
Addgene is a thriving, nonprofit organization that facilitates biomedical research and discovery. Addgene assists scientists by archiving their plasmid DNA samples and distributing these samples to researchers who need them for future experiments. Broad availability of these unique research materials promotes both the progress of research and Addgene’s mission to increase collaboration in the scientific community.
Addgene is currently seeking an individual to join our team as an Accountant. In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Finance and the Accounting Manager in support of the day-to-day accounting operations. Addgene is a dynamic and collaborative workplace that is committed to making a difference in the larger scientific community. We support team building activities outside of work, including volunteer projects, social gatherings, and sporting events. This is a terrific opportunity become part of a young, growing nonprofit - recognized by the Boston Globe as the #1 Top Place to Work in 2016 (small company category) - and to contribute to an important resource for the scientific community.
- Process daily credit card transactions including following up with employees for receipts and documentation and entering transactions into NetSuite
- Work with department managers to develop and streamline the collection and recording of receipts in accordance with our audit standards
- Assist the Accounting Manager with day-to-day Accounts Payable processing
- Serve as back-up for Accounts Receivable data entry and collections
- Assist the Accounting Manager with month-end reconciliations and journal entries
- Initiate and lead projects to improve and automate processes
- Organize, update, and maintain Accounting protocols and files
- Work with cross team peers in developing best practices to improve efficiency and productivity
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested by managers
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2 to 5 years of Accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Advanced ability in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Addgene offers a comprehensive 100% company-paid benefit package that includes health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. The cost of public transportation or parking is also fully paid by the company. Addgene’s generous and flexible paid time off practices help maintain work life balance while providing opportunities for relaxation, travel, and fun throughout the year. In addition to the 10-12 paid holidays each year, Addgene offers vacation, personal and sick time, as well as winter break. Addgene also offers paid parental leave.
- Addgene encourages professional development for our employees and provides support to take advantage of such opportunities. Addgene hosts professional development discussion groups, offers on-site training, and makes funding available for outside programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.