The Los Angeles Black Worker Center (LABWC) is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant responsible for providing administrative and accounting support within our Operations department; and assist our Executive Director with a wide range of responsibilities working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Administrative Assistant will be organized, display excellent communication, people skills and maturity, in handling business and confidential situations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments in Outlook and Google Calendar;
· Work closely and effectively with the Director to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following-up appropriately;
· Arrange travel plans, itineraries, conference, convening’s and training registrations; and compile documents for travel-related meetings;
· Compose and prepare correspondence (sometimes of a confidential nature);
· Communicate directly, on behalf of the Director with staff and external contacts;
· Provide logistical support for meeting and events; catering, supplies and rental arrangements for offsite locations;
· Process accounts payables for vendor purchases and staff expense reports;
· Manage and prioritize multiple projects and conflicting needs; handling matters quickly and proactively;
· Analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency;
- Maintains department files, office supplies and inventories; purchase and track supply orders
· Participate in LABWC activities, staff and team meetings, trainings and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate must demonstrate a commitment to social and economic justice, and building collective power for workers. The candidate must be proactive, have strong work ethic with a team oriented approach.
§ A minimum of 2+ years in a demanding administrative level role in a fast paced environment;
§ Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel; and Google Docs;
§ Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills - billing, invoicing, purchasing and accounting software;
§ Driving for work related travel, valid CA driver’s license and auto insurance.
LABWC, a project of Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring. The LABWC is also an affirmative action employer. People of color, women, and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply
Full-time position up to $16 hour with experience, and a generous benefit package.
Minimum Education Required