Coordinator of Operations, Communications, and Development
- Job posted by Waltham Partnership for Youth
The vision of the Waltham Partnership for Youth is that all Waltham youth have access to the services and resources they need to become happy, healthy, and productive members of the community and workforce.
The success and wellbeing of our young people is a community responsibility. The job of Waltham Partnership for Youth is to harness the diverse resources of our vibrant community and direct them toward supporting and creating inspiring programs to ensure that all young people have what they need to thrive.
We are hiring a Coordinator of Operations, Communications, and Development to support the Executive Director with general operations. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in multiple aspects of non-profit management!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bookkeeping: Use QuickBooks regularly to process and record all financial transactions, including invoices, check writing, donations, etc.
· Communications: Manage communications – including newsletters, website, and social media - to increase awareness of WPY programs and events in the community.
· Development: Work with Executive Director on grant applications, event planning, and donor development.
· Clerical: Perform light clerical duties such as filing, photocopying etc.
· Other: Depending on time and interest, there may be opportunities to contribute to WPY’s initiatives in the areas of youth mental health and substance prevention, youth employment, transportation equity, and other initiatives that develop over time
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· General facility with technology and digital media
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Interest in non-profit management and social change
· Experience in bookkeeping/accounting, communications, and/or development preferred but not required
· Experience with/passion for positive youth development a plus
· Spanish proficiency a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required
Spanish proficiency a plus
Minimum Education Required