287 Columbus Avenue
Anticipated Start Date: Flexible
The Impact Manager is responsible for leading a team of AmeriCorps members through a full - time school - based service year with the goal of keeping students on track to graduate, establishing positive relationships with school partners and providing a leadership development experience for AmeriCorps members. The Impact Manager will lead, manage, and coach a team of 7 - 17 AmeriCorps members through a 10 - month journey of learning, reflection, and service to build AmeriCorps members’ civic capacity and civic identity. Impact Managers report to an Impact Director and meet regularly with peers and department leadership members to share promising practices, challenges, and resources.
AmeriCorps Member Experience Delivery
- Lead, manage, and coach a team of AmeriCorps members (between the ages of 18 - 25) to achieve growth with students and to reach their leadership development potential.
- Model leadership that reflects City Year’s culture and values, and create spaces that empower AmeriCorps members to access the power of City Year’s culture and values in personally meaningful ways.
- Develop talent from within the corps for City Year and the larger education field, and lead AmeriCorps members to have a successful and rewarding year of service through their in - school service and learning and development days.
- Develop and manage partnerships with school administration, teachers, and staff to ensure the necessary conditions and resources are in place for AmeriCorps members to deliver attendance, behavior, and course performance interventions for students.
- Lead, manage, and coach a team of AmeriCorps members to implement City Year’s service model, which balances the delivery of whole-school support (Tier - 1) and small group and one – on - one tutoring (Tier - 2) for at - risk students at assigned Boston Public school.
- Partner directly with a City Year Instructional Coach to provide observation and coaching to AmeriCorps member to improve their student interventions.
- Monitor and analyze student - level data to identify trends and improve whole - school and small - group support, ensuring student impact completion and improvement in targeted area.
Service Partner Management
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with teachers, principals, school officials, and other decision makers and stakeholders within the assigned Boston Public School.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to principal and school staff by serving as a member of the school’s Instructional Leadership Team, hold regular meetings with administration, maintain a strong presence in school, work collaboratively with administration and staff to implement the Whole School Whole Child model, and build a bridge between AmeriCorps members and school staff to ensure success.
Participation in Organizational Initiatives
- Support AmeriCorps Member recruitment process by interviewing AmeriCorps Member applicants.
- Support the engagement of City Year Boston visitors and corporate sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in education or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a school, educational, or youth - support setting required with at least 1 year in a role managing or leading others.
- Experience working in areas related to English Language Arts, math, behavior management, overall school climate, afterschool programming, extended learning time, or social work preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present ideas with clarity, credibility, humility and tact; lead with “the why” and incorporate vision into messaging; tailor messaging to audience and maintain professionalism in speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and plan for questions, listen carefully, provide constructive feedback, and remain open and responsive to feedback from others.
- Proven success operating in ambiguous and changing environments with the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects; delegate tasks appropriately; manage progress against goals for self and others while addressing barriers.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and operate in a proactive and solution - oriented manner; identify the information needed to solve a problem; link decisions to potential consequences and know when to escalate or seek guidance.
- Possesses openness, responsiveness, approachability, and understanding of others’ perspectives with the demonstrated ability to maintain and build relationships through collaboration; recognize and respond to the needs of others while operating within appropriate boundaries to gain respect and maintain professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to address and resolve team conflict effectively and tactfully.
- Demonstrated ability to identify others’ strengths and areas for growth to achieve desired results and foster personal and professional development.
- Strong connection to the values of servant leadership, belief in the power of young people, social justice, empathy, inclusivity, teamwork, and excellence.
- Passion for and understanding of City Year’s work within the national service movement and education sphere.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office platforms required; experience using SharePoint preferred.
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants must complete the online application, which requires a resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.