Details: Commensurable to experience.
151 Commonwealth Avenue
This position is a great opportunity to gain professional experience in the marketing and communications field and to play an important role in a vibrant school community. Under the supervision, guidance, and direction of the director of strategic communications and marketing, the communications manager will be responsible, but not limited to, a wide range of tasks and duties outlined below.
Communications, Website, and Social Media
• Create, proofread, and publish regular news content for the news section of the website, social media and newsletters. • Writes and distributes press releases and maintains our Merit Pages program.
• Maintain and update the School’s website including regular calendar, directory, news and events.
• Maintain and track social media content for our main platforms (ie. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo).
• Support projects for the school’s events, programs, advertising and marketing (ie. academics, admission, communications, and development).
• Maintain the School’s SEO and keywords for the website, search engines, and other platforms • Maintain daily and weekly schedule for content on the School’s digital screens.
• Maintain day-to-day and seasonal execution of all digital marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Maintain the search engine marketing campaigns to generate admission leads
• Provide regular reports on analytics for all digital platforms.
Project Management and Administration
• Adhere to timelines, manage correspondence, and process invoices and paperwork for all marketing, communications and advertising campaigns, and print communications projects.
• Manage administrative projects as assigned by the director of strategic communications and marketing.
• Interface with outside vendors ranging from designers, photographers, videographers and printers for uploads and deliveries.
• Maintain newsletter layouts, technical brand style guide, and database mail files.
• Maintain the digital archive of photography and video using cloud-based tools such as Photoshelter, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
• Cover front office administrative duties by welcoming visitors and answering phones. Skills and Qualifications
• Experience in an integrated marketing/communications role is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree or experience in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
• Excellent attention to detail and resourcefulness, proven flexibility, organizational, problemsolving, excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Superb command of English language, and strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills (news, advertising, marketing).
• Ability to work independently with high quality standards. • Comfortable managing numerous projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Dynamic self-starter and innovator with a commitment to lifelong professional development.
• Highly motivated team player that is aligned with the School’s mission and values.
• Experience with content management systems, MS Office, Google, and Adobe Suites.
• Preferred experience in email programs such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, and Enotify.
This is a 12-month non-exempt part-time position at 25-30 hours per week and reports to the director of strategic communications and marketing. The position requires daily attendance and coverage of occasional evening and weekend events, as directed.
We offer a very competitive benefit package.
Minimum Education Required