ABOUT 10,000 DEGREES:
10,000 Degrees is a leading college success nonprofit organization in California that helps low-income and first generation students get to and through college. Founded in 1981, the organization provides a comprehensive wrap-around program that includes college prep, mentoring, college and financial counseling, scholarships and financial aid management. 10,000 Degrees has helped thousands of students get to and successfully graduate college. Over 80% of 10,000 Degrees students starting at 4 year college graduate far exceeding national averages, and our students starting at community college transfer and graduate with their baccalaureate at three times the national average. 10,000 Degrees is a top-rated organization that has received numerous awards and recognition for effectiveness and efficiency, including the top rating from Charity Navigator.
The Regional Director, South Bay is a critical position to help us continue our growth momentum and help us build opportunity for more students in the San Francisco Bay area. We have raised meaningful funding to launch our programming in the South Bay this past year and are seeking a motivated, goal-oriented individual to help us build a strong base of resources for the future.
The focus of the Regional Director, South Bay is to continue to grow 10,000 Degrees’ resource base on the Peninsula and in the South Bay, including individual, institutional (with a focus on corporate) and strategic partnerships, as they align with broader short- and long-term organizational goals. In collaboration with and in support of 10,000 Degrees Development, External Affairs, Scholarship and Program teams as well as the South Bay Advisory Board, the Regional Director will help develop and support local and organization-wide initiatives on the Peninsula, South Bay and beyond. The primary focus of this role will be cultivating individual, institutional, and community-based relationships.
This position will be based in the mid-Peninsula and would allow for working from home until a South Bay office is established. Twice monthly meetings at the 10,000 Degrees headquarters located in San Rafael would be expected.
● Proactively identify and cultivate community, institutional and individual relationships to advance local, regional, and organization-wide fund development opportunities and meet fundraising goals;
● Manage a regional portfolio of donors and prospective donors through all aspects of moves management and fundraising best practices including meeting prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them and building regional donor capacity;
● Manage a regional portfolio of institutional funders, with a focus on corporations through all aspects of moves management and fundraising best practices;
● In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and the South Bay Advisory Board, develop a regional fundraising plan and targets in order to meet current and future programmatic and scholarship goals;
● Represent 10,000 Degrees at regional advocacy, community, development and other events;
● In partnership with the Director of Communications and Marketing, develop a local communications plan to increase visibility and support South Bay development efforts;
● Proactively support the South Bay Advisory Board, ensuring regular touch-points and engagement with each Advisory Board member;
● Help inform short- and long-term goal-setting in the South Bay and organization-wide through community insights and collaborative relationships;
● Identify and cultivate new scholarship resources for South Bay students;
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align regional strategies and opportunities with broader organizational goals and related initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader who is committed to supporting equitable educational opportunities for all students. A goal-oriented focus is essential, with in-depth knowledge of the Peninsula and South Bay fundraising, corporate, and community landscape. They will also have the skills necessary to cultivate and engage top donors and strategic partners in a way that is aligned with 10,000 Degrees overall mission, values, and goals. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and impeccable judgment are required. In addition, the ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other team members will be critical.
Specific qualifications include:
● BA/BS required
● 5+ years of fundraising experience required
● Excellent internal and external communication and collaboration skills
● Experience with Salesforce preferred
● Active community connector
● An unrelenting commitment to social justice
● Proven ability to work with diverse populations
● Excellent presentation skills including oral and written communication
● Ability to think strategically with an entrepreneurial spirit
● Self-starter who can multitask in a fluid work environment
ABOUT 10,000 DEGREES:
10,000 Degrees is a leading college success nonprofit organization in California that helps low-income and first generation students get to and through college. Founded in 1981, the organization provides a…