Part Time Contract
Details: $42/ instructional hour + prep pay
The Building Skills Partnership is a statewide non-profit training collaboration between the California janitors’ union, SEIU-USWW, leading building service employers, and the broader community. BSP develops innovative leadership and education programs to increase the skills, opportunities and self-sufficiency of low-wage building service workers, their families, and communities. Please see www.buildingskills.org for more information.
BSP seeks a Computer Skills Instructor for night-shift janitors at a worksite located in Vacaville, CA. Class will be Tuesdays & Thursdays 8pm-9pm for approximately 15 weeks beginning ASAP.
Thousands of low-wage workers dream of a better future for their families. Help break the skill barrier by contributing to BSP’s educational programs!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Teach basic to advanced computer applications varying from simple keyboarding to different Windows Operating Systems, spreadsheets and other programs.
· Create lesson plans, evaluate student performance, and give out assignments and projects.
· Take part in developing and updating the curriculum.
· Keep organized records of daily class attendance.
· Some knowledge about computer hardware including installation and operation of CD-ROM's modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment
· Take charge of the computer lab, turning off computers at the end of each lesson and reporting when computers are not working properly.
• A minimum of one year of experience in computer skills instruction or general Adult education preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required and state’s licensure exam in Computer Teaching preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal preferred.
· Experience teaching low-level learners preferred.
- Must have transportation
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required. Spanish proficiency strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send email describing interest and relevant experience and your resume to Sylvia Romo, email@example.com