Established in 1976, OAI, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit workforce development training and job placement agency headquartered in downtown Chicago. OAI’s programs provide training for both currently employed workers and unemployed or underemployed individuals who are in need of job skills and critical worker health & safety awareness. OAI’s Mission is to create an environment in which all people can access education, training and employment that will allow them to sustain and enjoy safe, secure and fulfilling lives.
Expand OAI’s presence with Chicago area industrial employers, identify and secure jobs for OAI trainees, and interact with staff regarding recruitment and training needs.
- Assists with assessment of employer workforce needs and with the development and implementation of plans to address those needs.
- Coordinates with the OAI Chicago Southland Employer Engagement Contractor to recruit, solicit and develop personal relationships with potential employers, professional organizations and partner agencies.
- Meets or exceeds the job placement benchmarks of OAI job training grants.
- Maintains employer linkages through efficient, timely service and regular communication; provides feedback from employers and ensures workforce needs and retention goals are being met.
- Follows up on job seeker progress and ensures client companies’ workforce needs are being met.
- Organizes Employer Forums, Employer Advisory Boards and other Employer events as needed.
- Exhibits at Job Fairs and Workshops to promote OAI program trainees.
- Coordinates scheduling of interviews with job seekers and employers. Periodically accompanies job seekers on scheduled interviews.
- Working in conjunction with classroom trainers, conducts trainee workshops and/or other training related to job interviewing, deportment, resume writing, and other job preparation matters.
- Schedules meetings with instructors and program staff to determine class readiness/appropriate employment matches.
- Works with recruiters and training departments to ensure clients being recruited are good matches for training programs.
- Creates job development marketing materials targeted at employers, with input and ultimate approval of affected program directors and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Motivated self-starter, socially conscious with ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must be organized, confident, articulate public speaker, team player, detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop work opportunities and place individuals in jobs or demonstrated success in transferable skill area.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and to produce timely written reports.
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred, with 2-3 years of experience in workforce development preferred. Marketing, sales, H.R., community outreach experience valuable. Must be proficient in MS Office Suites.
- Bilingual Spanish-English a plus.
- Must have automotive transportation for reimbursable local job-related travel.
OAI, Inc. offers excellent benefits for full-time staff including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401(k) with match; and paid time off including vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Proficient
Spanish - Strongly Preffered
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org with BAE in the subject line.