Details: Net per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you ready to lead a team dedicated to empowering women and children in Cambodia?
MHO provides counselling and support so no woman experiences an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy alone. We educate women on the choices available.
We provide community mediation, support services and medical care during their pregnancy. We accompany them to parenthood by empowering them to be autonomous and financially independent.
By joining our team, you will contribute to take away the stigma of being a single mother, you will empower their children, you will create a better tomorrow for themselves and the whole Cambodian society.
We believe we can take away the stigma of being a single mother throughout Cambodia.
You will be Reporting to the Board of Directors.
Working hours are from Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch break.
In the event of an emergency situation, you might be called on to assist after hours.
In your capacity you are responsible for the overall operation of MHO through effective administration, leadership, development, and planning, to ensure MHO fulfills its Mission and Vision, and remains faithful to the organization’s chore values. Your authority is delegated to you by the board, which holds final authority and responsibility for MHO.
· Work within the MHO constitution, Internal Rules, and Client/child protection policy.
· Ensure the proper functioning of NGO to work toward fulfilling the Vision and Mission statements, as recorded in the Constitution.
· Be responsible to review and implement the mission of NGO in accordance with the broad strategic direction
· Work with the Management Team to implement NGO-approved strategic plans, and make recommendations to the BOG about future programs.
· Develop and implement the Annual Action Plan in consultation with the MT, and submit it to the Board for approval before sending to donors.
· Ensure NGO outputs remain relevant and effective through evidence-based monitoring, evaluation, and research, mainly focused on the quality of outcomes.
· Draft amendments to the Constitution, staff policies, and other policies, and submit to the board for approval.
· The Director shall conform his/her actions to high standards of professional ethics and to the best practices of similar NGOs. Specifically, the Director shall make decisions and approve actions without exposing NGO to undue risk, liability and instability.
· Ensure clients receive the highest level of care according to MHO polices and procedures
· Take the initiative for the development, implementation and review of NGO’s financial policies and systems under the supervision of the board.
· Ensure that the NGO financial policies and systems are implemented.
· Develop the financial plan, report and budget in consultation with the MT, and submit to the Board for approval before sending to donors.
· Work with the board in fundraising in order to sustain the organization.
· Inform the Board of all new potential donors and of any proposals submitted to them.
· Sign agreements and other official letters issued by the organization.
· Ensure that funding applications and reports to donors and partners are completed according to donor agreements.
· Maintain MOUs with relevant ministries.
· Take final responsibility for the recruitment, dismissal and supervision of all MHO staff and advisors (both paid and volunteer).
. Recruitment, discipline, and dismissal of any non-management- level staff should be done in consultation with the Management Team.
·Recruitment, discipline, changes in position, or dismissal of any management-level staff should be done in consultation with the MT as appropriate, and approval by the BOG.
· Give direction, support and supervision to staff.
· Ensure that all staff members are appraised annually.
· Create a learning organization that provides opportunity for all staff members’ continued growth and development of their capacity to carry out their jobs to the best of their ability.
· Keep records of staff annual holidays and sick leave
· Plan, organize and manage events such as staff birthdays, training days, retreats
· Oversee travel, visa and accommodation for foreign staff and volunteers for the organization
· Network with key partners, donors, the government, and the general public to promote good cooperation and confidence in the services of NGO.
· Liaise and network with other partners, national care providers, NGO’s, relevant agencies and government departments
· Proactively find new partnerships with relevant origination for staff training and client services
· Oversee organizing and hosting of team schedules, orientations and documentation for teams
· Oversee MHO internal and external communications
· Cambodian nationality (can be overseas)
· Experience in management and leadership in NGO sector, preferably with relevant degree. Visionary, have initiative and skills in problem solving.
· Able to lead and motivate staff.
· Understands and agrees to Mother’s Heart Organization values (click link here).
10 personal holidays
21 public holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Good written and spoken English and Khmer are essential.
Minimum Education Required