150 Court Street
The Arab-American Family Support Center is looking for a dynamic professional to advance the fundraising and communication needs of our organization, with a focus on generating and stewarding the necessary resources to support, grow and develop AAFSC’s programs, services, and operations with an annual operating budget of $3.7 million. The Director of Development and Communications will provide leadership and oversight for all fundraising activities, including writing government, corporate and foundation grants, soliciting individual gifts, and planning fundraising events. He or she will also develop and implement communications strategies that seamlessly integrate development, marketing and program messaging.
The successful Director of Development and Communications will be an experienced and strategic fundraiser with strong knowledge of how to design, manage and scale development activities. She or he will have a record as a trusted partner to senior leaders, a respectful supervisor, a diplomatic negotiator of internal change, and a compelling representative to potential donors and partners. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income communities is essential for success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write high-quality proposals, applications, reports, concept notes, briefs, letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, and other written materials for submission to private and government funders in support of AAFSC programming.
- Collect, assess and apply internal and external information, working with staff and others as needed, to develop the best messaging and case for support for each donor prospect and fundable project.
- Coordinate and manage applications and reports for grants from major city, state and federal government agencies and foundations.
- Manage the integration and accuracy of donor information into CRM.
- Create an annual prospecting strategy and calendar, identifying new funding sources to expand the current donor base.
- Cultivate, deepen and maintain relationships with current donors.
- Engage, train and support AAFSC Board members in fundraising efforts and expanding AAFSC’s network of support.
- Provide regular reporting of revenue, progress and successes to management and others as appropriate.
- Serve as staff liaison to Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Support a culture of philanthropy throughout AAFSC, informing staff of all fundraising and communication activities.
- Work with staff across the organization to integrate communications, branding and programs into fundraising strategies and activities to ensure consistency in voice, visuals, and messaging across various communications platforms.
- Manage the maintenance, technology support, and content updating of AAFSC web site and social media platforms.
- Draft and send organizational newsletters and eBlasts through Online Express.
- Design and oversee production of fundraising materials, including but not limited to, Annual Report, Impact Report Card and event flyers.
- Act as lead media contact for the agency and oversee the creation and dissemination of press releases and press kits.
- Develop, plan, and manage strategic annual events to deliver financial support and greater visibility in the community.
- Maintain internal and publicly facing events calendar.
Other duties and responsibilities
· Participate in AAFSC management and leadership meetings.
· Oversee the hiring, training, and supervising of Development and Communications Manager, Development and Communications AmeriCorps VISTAs and interns.
· Attend regular meetings and special events as needed, as an ambassador of AAFSC.
· Perform other duties assigned as necessary by Senior Director of Capacity Building and Organizational Learning.
BACKGROUND AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including experience in prospect research, individual donor cultivation, stewardship, public relations and budget planning.
· Excellent writing and editing skills; strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience supervising and managing staff and teams.
· Experience in executive-level relationship building; management skills with diverse constituent groups, staff, board members, volunteers and donors.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage a variety of concurrent projects.
· Strong technical skills, including proficiency in CRM; other design software experience a plus.
· Passion for AAFSC’s mission and vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Our full-time employees receive the following:
- 12 sick days
- 5 floating holidays
- 15 vacation days per year (up to 3 years); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
- After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
- 403b Plan
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Voluntary Aflac coverage
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.