1901 Mississippi Ave. SE
Job Title: Director of Graduate Support
Location: Washington, DC
Organization Name: Washington School for Girls
Department Description: The Director of Graduate Support works as a member of the WSG Administrative Team to create a school culture and set goals for the school that are in accordance with the mission and core values of WSG. S/he will attend all Administrative Team meetings and offer advice to President in areas of the administration of the school.
Brief Description of Classification: This is a 12 Month Position - Full-Time
Detailed Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
With Graduate Support Assistant, ensure students are well supported in applying and transitioning to high school; monitor academic and social progress of the graduates to ensure successful completion of educational goals.
Manage the relationship with WSG graduates and provide support while in in high school and college
- Visit alumnae of WSG at their high school (or other agreed upon location)
- Track student outcomes at respective high schools. Provide needed data for grant reporting
- Serve as a mentor and resource
- Create and maintain a system for tracking regular and ongoing outreach/communications with graduates
- Serve as the point of contact for graduates and their families and seek opportunities to bring graduates and their families back to WSG
Work intensely with WSG 7th and 8th grade students and their families to:
- Assure maximum performance on High School Placement Tests
- Identify and apply to an appropriate high school
- Plan high school visitations, process applications, and help students navigate the interview process
- Locate sources for financial aid, helping prepare scholarships and financial aid applications
Teach weekly High School Prep class for all 7/8th grade students, focusing on facilitating student applications, monitoring checklists and strategies for transitioning to HS
Provide direct support during transition from WSG to high school, especially during the summer after graduation and the first year
Maintain an up-to-date database of all graduates
Engage stakeholders in the lives of graduates by finding innovative ways to communicate with high school guidance counselors, parents or guardians, heads of schools, principals and all that contribute to our graduates’ well being
Assist students with procurement of necessary physical needs (school supplies/textbooks) to succeed in high school
Create visual displays to publicly celebrate the achievements of our graduates
Coordinate WSG social media outreach to alumnae
Organize a graduate reunion
· Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
· Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time, professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
· Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Education Requirements: Master’s Degree desired in applicable field of Education, Social Work or related field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervisor of Graduate Support Assistant and Volunteers
Accountable to: President
Competitive salary and benefits (commensurate with experience)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NO PHONE CALLS!
Please email resume, cover letter, and writing sample to jobs @ wsgdc.org.
Please write in SUBJECT LINE: Courageous Graduate Support Director
ATTN: Dr. Beth Reaves, President