Details: Salary is competitive within the non-profit performing arts industry and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
800 East Grand Avenue
The Advancement Coordinator supports Chicago Shakespeare’s work to cultivate, steward, and solicit donors, with a large focus on the Theater’s portfolio of lead donors. In addition to supporting the efforts needed to reach the Theater’s general operating needs, this position also supports special giving initiatives and the long-term stewardship of contributors to past campaigns.
This position serves as a member of the Advancement Department and will be responsible for prospect tracking; research; meeting scheduling; preparing proposals and presentations; executing internal mail campaigns, reporting on fulfilled major gifts, and special event planning. A successful candidate will be able to prioritize multiple deadline-driven projects, gracefully adapt in high-pressure situations, enjoy a team-oriented approach to their work, and take time to learn about key prospects being cultivated for the Theater’s fundraising initiatives. This is a full-time, salaried position (40 hours per week).
Director, Campaign and Major Gifts
No direct reports
Some evenings and weekends
PROSPECTING AND SOLICITATIONS
- Execute solicitation efforts for mid- and major-level donors, planned giving, and special initiatives.
- Create call sheets and follow up reminders, as appropriate, to prompt completion of action items.
- Track and source all cultivation, solicitations, strategies, and follow-up tasks in CST’s donor database, as well as in additional tracking tools.
- Develop or coordinate the development of materials in advance of and following-up from donor visits, including: presentations, proposals, letters and other correspondence.
- Prepare prospecting tools, research, progress reports, and other updates for volunteers and leadership.
STEWARDSHIP AND EVENTS
- Customize acknowledgment letters and create stewardship reports, as needed.
- Coordinate a portfolio of events, including opening night dinners and celebrations, major gift fulfillment events, and collaborations with key external partners.
- Coordinate and monitor donor signage fabrication for named spaces, donor walls, and seats.
- Provide swing support for the VIP Concierge and Stewardship Coordinator to assist with VIP ticketing, interval service, and guest attendance alerts.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic representative at performances and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Database experience (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
- Marketing or fundraising experience a plus.
- Interest in relationship-based fundraising.
- Interest in performing arts a plus.
- High level of computer literacy, including:
o Microsoft Excel
o Microsoft Word (business letter formats, mail merge)
o Adobe Indesign/Photoshop preferred (for designing proposals and presentations)
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while having the ability to shift work seamlessly when priorities change.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confidence to interface with lead donors.
- Ability to plan and execute both intimate and large events.
- Ability to gather and summarize reports for leadership staff or trustees.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to track and coordinate all aspects that best serve the needs of a project.
- Ability to communicate across departments and with Theater leadership.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b, paid time off, life insurance, and commuter spending plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Please email a PDF of your cover letter and resume to: AdvancementJobs@chicagoshakes.com. No phone calls, please; candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the theater and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.