2708 S. Nelson St.
Who we are:
30 year-old, well-respected, and award winning local food pantry whose mission is to provide free, nutritious, supplemental groceries to needy individuals and families who reside in Arlington County. As a non-profit organization, AFAC relies heavily on volunteers to assist with the distribution of groceries to over 2,400 families who come to AFAC each week. AFAC also relies on the generous gifts of food and funds from our donors to meet the growing demand for our services. We’re casual, flexible, and team-oriented. Wear your jeans to work every day!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares about the details. You triple-check your own work and make sure to dot the i’s and cross the t’s.
- Is nimble brained. You see obstacles as opportunities, love problem solving, and you enjoy seeing the world through varying lenses.
- Can work an excel spreadsheet. You can manipulate data and translate it to others.
- Is open to collaboration. Independent operations are great and often necessary, but you won’t be working in a vacuum. The best outcomes come out of teamwork.
- Knows how to manage the clock. We are quick around here. Quick to laugh, quick to act, and quick to respond. If you don’t have a system of time management in place, you’ll soon find yourself buried under a pile of unchecked boxes and dusty to-do lists.
- Cares. AFAC’s mission is to provide free, nutritious groceries to low-income individuals and families who reside in Arlington County. You’ll go the extra mile to make sure we can do that.
- Drive donor acknowledgment. Thanking our donors is one of the most important responsibilities. You will take point on making sure our donors receive proper recognition for their donations.
- Data entry is your baby. We receive over 7,000 gifts annually and each one has to be properly tracked in our donor database.
- Interact with donors. We need someone who is amicable and understands the significance of keeping our donors happy and engaged.
- Assist in reporting. To maintain realistic fundraising goals and expectations for the development team, our donation reporting must lead the way.
- You’re a team player. Help with administrative projects and tasks to support the development team.
- Party on! You know what a great event looks like and can assist with the planning and realization of it.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of one year of development experience would be helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with databases
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in excellent written and verbal English, proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- A winning personality
The position is full-time (40 hours a week) and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position includes nine paid holidays, paid annual and sick leave as outlined in the Employee Handbook, health benefits, and a generous 401K plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Must be able to communicate in excellent written and verbal English
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and best pun to the Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. Candidate information will be reviewed as it is received. The Arlington Food Assistance Center is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about AFAC at www.afac.org.