JA Worldwide seeks a Development Marketing and Communications Consultant to aid in development-specific marketing and communications work. This consultant will work with the Global Development team to drive donor-related content and assist their efforts with major corporate partners to ensure their marketing and communications needs are met. The consultant should have a passion for communications and social media, and the ability to design and create collateral along with a passion for helping organizations develop deeper relationships with key constituents. This position reports to the JA Worldwide Global Chief of Development but will have significant interface with the senior members of the development team, as well as JA’s marketing and communications team.
Key Areas of Focus
· Working with the Global Development team, develop and build personalized donor-driven marketing and communications to fulfill requirements for large scale global grants and initiatives, which may include coordination with participating JA members.
· Design, create, and manage small-scale campaigns and day-to-day posting in support of Global Development projects and needs.
· Coordinate and maintain a calendar of donor content to plan specific and timely social media campaigns.
· Generate written and visual content for JA Worldwide development related segments of the JA Worldwide website, news/blog, and social-media accounts.
· Create other print and digital collateral as needed for development, such as brochures, annual appeals, etc. for individual, institutional, and corporate donor audiences.
· Analyze key communications performance metrics and use these metrics to inform donor communications and outreach strategy adjustments. Provide data for donor reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements
· 3-5 years’ marketing and communications experience, preferably in the context of fundraising.
· Experience developing content for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
· Compelling and persuasive writer and skilled storyteller with the ability to write quickly and to diverse audiences, transform jargon-laden information into captivating and inspiring stories designed to connect to new audiences and/or engage others, and quickly grasp and effectively communicate complex concepts. Excellent attention to detail in written work.
· Gifted designer who can efficiently and professionally create social-media and web graphics on behalf of global donors.
· Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro a plus.
· Fluent with Mailchimp, Squarespace, or similar/related platforms
· Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams, listen, and build alignment.
· Interest in education, entrepreneurship, financial literacy, youth employment; key trends in international development, marketing/communications/storytelling, and social media; ability to adjust positioning based on donor needs.
· Demonstrated poise, tact, integrity, and professionalism.
JA Worldwide seeks a Development Marketing and Communications Consultant to aid in development-specific marketing and communications work. This consultant will work with the Global Development team to drive donor-related content…