BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
- Provide direct services to clients
- Maintain case records and statistics for program with the goal of analyzing trends and improving service delivery
- Assist the program director in recruiting and training direct service staff
- Administer personnel policies and procedures under the guidance of the program director
- Hold monthly supervision meetings with staff
- Develop regular communication with contract managers for program; act as liaison to funding sources
- Ensure all programs meet contractual goals and reporting requirements
- Monitor program progress and submit all required reports to funding sources
- Submit internal progress reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required
- Prepare proposals for the development, expansion, and continuation of programs in coordination with Department Director and the Program Director
- Monitor staff performance, including performing case reviews and structured observations
- Participate in, and encourage staff to become involved in agency events
- Act as liaison with the community, including the area community district and board
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Supervise Tenant Services
- Provide Clinical Supervision to Clinical Coordinators and Social Work staff
- Supervise Supportive Employment Program
- Act as Liaison with HRA
- Act as Liaison with PPOH Psychiatric providers
- Act as Liaison with Montefiore Hospital Medical Providers
- Coordinate Clinical services for tenants including discharge planning and hospitalizations in collaboration with Team Leaders/ Clinical Coordinators
- The Assistant Program Director will provide clinical leadership and collaborate with the Program Director to ensure program compliance with DHS, DOHMH, and HASA contracts
- Hold monthly clinical supervision/trainings with staff supervised
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to represent the agency at functions and meetings
- Ability to collect and analyze client demographics and outcomes
- Excellent organizational, team-building, and leadership skills
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Licensed Master’s Degree in Social Work required (MSWs are welcome to apply- however must obtain license within 3-6 months of hire).
- Minimum of two years program experience
- Proficiency in modern business communications including person computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile and copier equipment
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb five flights of stairs, if required to conduct home visits and/or fieldwork.
- Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
- Ability to travel in the boroughs of New York City and its adjacent counties via public transportation.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of 1 mile within a reasonable amount of time and in all types of weather, including inclement weather, if required to conduct home visits and/or field work.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for ASST PROGRAM DIRECTOR using the link below: