Vital Village is a community engagement network to improve child wellbeing. The central goal of Vital Village Network is to seed sustainable and scalable community change around child protection by mobilizing a collective investment from residents, community organizations (CBOs) and institutions using a strengths-based and trauma-informed paradigm.
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Data and Outcomes Coordinator will function as lead data analyst, responsible for GIS modeling for health outcomes in relation to census tract socio-demographics, and coordinator of continuous tracking of outcomes and process data. Commitment to academic-community partnerships and an interest in community-based participatory research is important.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Performs a variety of duties related to data collection, management, and analysis including: SAS programming, dataset cleaning, descriptive analyses, regression modeling, power calculations, multilevel modeling, GIS mapping, and geospatial analysis.
- Assists with designing and implementing shared community-level metrics for child well-being, family, and community wellness using both existing data sources and helping to build consensus among network partners on shared evaluation metrics.
- Supports development, updating, and dissemination of web-based dashboard for community resident advocacy and action to promote health equity and child wellbeing.
- Modifies dashboard design and content based upon input/feedback from network partners and community residents.
- Serves the data and information needs of a diverse population including community residents, physicians, educators, lawyers, human service professionals and a wide-variety of non-technical staff, including helping to design and lead data dashboard workshops and trainings.
- Prepares graphical reports for a diverse audience in a manner that meets their specific needs.
- Provides data and information to network partners in a readily accessible, understandable and actionable manner using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools as needed
- Conducts literature searches using web-based search engines and other reference tools and synthesizes information in requested formats.
- Assists in the dissemination of project and specific study-related information through conferences and presentations and contributes to the methods and results sections of manuscripts for peer review.
- Assists with summarizing and tracking community trends in participation in the Vital Village Network and evaluating the utility of network functions.
- Co-leads the design and implementation of community survey data collection.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in Public Health, Urban Studies, Sociology, Education or Public Policy required.
For candidates with a Bachelor's degree, 2+ years of work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to use statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or statistical tools
- Demonstrated ability to conduct geospatial analysis, GIS mapping, and longitudinal data analysis
- Demonstrated experience using geocoded data, census data, large datasets, and GIS mapping
- Advanced proficiency use of desktop productivity tools including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver required products in a timely manner
- Must be well-organized
- Detail oriented with a commitment to producing analytic product that consistently meets the highest standards of accuracy
- Ability to understand and meet the information needs of network partners and community residents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including physicians, educators, lawyers, human service professionals, community residents and a wide-variety of non-technical staff
- Ability to explain data analysis to non-technical audiences
- Experience with social network analysis preferred, but not required
- Experience with consenting human subjects for research and ethical conduct of research preferred, but not required