This full-time position is located at the J-Sei, Inc. office at 1285 66th Street in Emeryville. J-Sei seeks a team-oriented professional who will supervise nutrition services and implement new older adult wellness programs. This position requires a self-motivated genial person experienced in the field of older adults who can create community responsive offerings and work independently under general supervision to manage and expand senior programs.
NUTRITION PROGRAM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall operation of the J-Sei senior congregate and home delivered meal programs.
- Assure program compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Supervise one volunteer and kitchen assistant, one part-time chef assistant and one part-time chef who provide hands-on support in daily lunch preparations, volunteer management and client trouble-shooting.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment, training, acknowledgement and coordination for nutrition programs and other areas as periodically needed.
- Develop and implement Thanksgiving, Winter Party, New Year’s, Asian Day lunches for seniors and annual volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Track and conduct intake, assessments and quarterly reassessments of home delivered meal clients for county and internal records on a monthly basis.
- Assist in monthly invoicing of county home delivered meal contracts.
- Maintain organized, efficient, automated and up to date electronic records for client files, daily and master client service delivery, and reporting data.
- Meet or exceed all county contract requirements.
- Purchase food and food service supplies with kitchen assistant.
- With kitchen assistant, foster a strong team of volunteers who are well prepared, autonomous and appreciated.
- With kitchen assistant, maintain kitchen in safe and clean manner consistent with county health standards.
- With kitchen assistant and operations manager, schedule and complete all space and equipment maintenance.
SENIOR SERVICE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement new wellness programs that can include educational senior presentations, caregiver programs, and health screenings.
- Plan wellness programs with feedback of other staff for ideas on speakers, topics etc.
- Test new wellness programs and refine to provide the most effective impact possible
- Supervise one full-time and one part-time case manager and the case management program.
- Supervise two part-time transportation drivers and oversee transportation program.
- Continually investigate service and care options emerging in the older adult service field and evaluate opportunities for J-Sei program expansion
- Maintain and report participant statistics to appropriate funding sources (including other social service programs) on a monthly basis.
- Perform related agency public relations including the preparation of information and articles for the agency’s newsletter.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
The Executive Director provides overall supervision of the position. Evaluations are conducted by the Executive Director.
- Minimum 2 years management and coordination experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the field of older adult services.
- MSW degree or graduate degree in a related field such as Public Health desirable but additional experience/training may be substituted for Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years working independently and supervising staff/volunteers.
- Experience in food service preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with Japanese American community is desirable.
- Bi-lingual in Japanese/English helpful, but not required.
- Collaborative approach to achieving goals.
- Strong communication, listening and people skills necessary to project and promote the J-Sei mission to seniors, volunteers and general community.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple day-to-day operations in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated leader with ability to execute.
- Ability to occasionally move files and supplies up to 25 pounds.
- Valid California driver's license, auto insurance and a safe driving record.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Diane@j-sei.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.