Position Summary: The Imani House Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the newly opened Imani Residence; ensures proper maintenance of the site and is responsible for overseeing that residents adhere to the guidelines established by funding source(s) and GEMS. She will be responsible for working directly with sexually exploited and trafficked young women and girls, ages 18-29 providing counseling, comprehensive case management and advocacy services. The Imani House and Supporting Residential Coordinator serve not only as case managers, but as advocates, allies, counselors, and a support system for young women in crisis. The Imani House & Supporting Housing Manager will be a part of our Residential Department.
Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Responsible for provide holistic case management to Imani House residents, maintain primary operations of the Imani House program.
- Ensure safety of residents and promote confidentiality. Comply with all Office of Violence against Women regulations.
- Maintain constant oversight of the residence and maintain a visible presence on a daily basis. Be available as needed to address all questions, issues and concerns.
- Set and contribute to a safe, dignified, orderly atmosphere by enforcing program policies and procedures.
- Serve as a role model- guiding and empowering members and facilitating appropriate behavior around daily living skills, self-care, personal interaction, social relationships and constructive time management.
- Provide mediation and conflict resolution as appropriate, to address all conflict and safety concerns in the Imani House program.
- In collaboration with the Intake Coordinator will conduct intake to the Imani House
- Develop monthly individualized goal plans with Imani residents.
- Provide weekly case management to Imani House residents, including monthly Individualized Service Plans (ISPs)
- Conduct inspections in the residence.
- Work in collaboration with the Residential Director and Chief Operating Officer to address all facility maintenance matters related to the Imani Residence
- Promptly write up service requests for routine and low maintenance repairs
- In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer will monitor subcontractors and ensure prompt and proper completion of repairs
- Responsible for conducting regular spot checks at the Imani House, with a minimum weekly evening checks and biweekly weekend spot checks
- Sustain a nurturing and healthy household for all residents and staff alike
- Responsible for and is the primary contact for supportive housing and other housing needs for non-residential GEMS members, assisting with housing referrals, information, applications, and advocacy, etc.
- Conduct monthly workshops related to accessing housing and other housing needs
- Participate in main office events, staff meetings and collaboration with all GEMS staff and members
- Manage supervision and support of Imani Residents
- Manage Imani housing program discharges
- Responsible for maintaining thorough and accurate records, case files, expense reports, check requests, correspondence, OVW reporting summaries, and statistics; complete necessary documentation in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Manage all incidents reports
- Manage the distribution of petty cash funds for Imani and maintain accurate records and fiscal reports.
- Manage bed roster; sign-in sheets and referrals
- In collaboration with the Residential Director manage emergencies including contacting appropriate staff; interacting with police, fire and medical personnel as needed.
- Assist in promoting the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment GEMS strives to promote within the workplace.
- Assist in promoting an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line within the philosophy and policies of GEMS to all residents and staff
- Attend to weekly supervision meeting with Residential Director
- In collaboration with the Office Manager manage inventories of tools, facilities and office supplies, keys, furniture related to the Imani residence.
- Manage all complaints in a prompt and courteous manner. Work directly with the Residential Director to handle complex and difficult complaints
- Attend SSD Team meetings
- Be available 24/7 for emergencies
- Bachelor’s degree required in social work or related field of study; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience working with youth required.
- Sensitivity to the needs of runaway; homeless and commercially sexually exploited.
- 3-5 years of prior experience managing a holistic residential program is required, both with direct service and in operations.
- Knowledge of the housing system and application process, with extensive knowledge of the New York Housing options and process.
- At least 2 years of experience working with mental health related issues, complex trauma, substance abuse, court involved youth, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS related issues and crisis intervention techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate small group process.
Attention to Detail
Attitude Toward Others
Excellent written and verbal communication
Project/Task and Goals Focus
Respect for Policies
Excellent Administrative Duties
GEMS Core Values
Social Justice Oriented