Victim Rights Law Center Contract Employment Law Attorney
- Job posted by Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC)
115 Broad St.
The Victim Rights Law Center’s Massachusetts office is seeking an experienced employment attorney to provide attorney mentorship and direct representation to sexual assault survivors. This is a part-time (up to 20 hours/week) contract attorney position for 6 months with the potential to renew.
As the national dialogue about sexual violence highlights the legal needs of sexual assault victims, more survivors are coming forward with their safety, privacy, education, housing, employment, financial stability, and immigration needs. We need smart, compassionate staff to join us in leading a new response to sexual violence.
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must align themselves with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to transforming the response to sexual violence through survivor-led legal practice that centers the needs and experiences of survivors experiencing oppression. This position will be filled by a candidate with a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a commitment to serving marginalized or underserved populations. People of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, survivors, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Represent survivors of sexual assault on a range of employment law matters
- Provide weekly mentorship, support, and case review of our employment attorneys
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners to increase impact of the VRLC’s employment practice
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers throughout the Commonwealth
- Other duties as assigned
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an employment attorney with demonstrated experience with Title VII, drafting and litigating MCAD and EEOC Complaints, and employer negotiation
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving throughout the Commonwealth
- Experience working with trauma survivors and/or underserved communities
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with both your last name and “Contract Employment Attorney” as the subject of your email.
Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.