BCCS was founded in 1998 with a simple yet ambitious mission: to prepare each student for college. We have grown from 120 students in grades 5 through 7 to 700 students in grades 5 through 12.
- 100% of BCCS’s graduating classes have been accepted to college. The majority of our students will be the first in their families to earn college degrees.
- In 2018, 95% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 10th grade ELA MCAS exam, compared with the Massachusetts state average of 90%; 92% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 10th grade Math MCAS, compared with the Massachusetts state average of 78%. Additionally, 94% of BCCS students scored Advanced or Proficient on the 9th grade Physics MCAS exam.
- The school accepts students by random public lottery from a waiting list of over 2,000 students.
We are looking for a smart, problem-solving, self-reflective, and passionate ASSOCIATE TEACHER who wants to be part of a dynamic team to help continue to BUILD a school and to SHAPE its future direction. Our associate teachers:
- believe we must all do whatever it takes to ensure all students are not only accepted to college but graduate successfully from college;
- believe in measuring student academic achievement in tangible ways;
- believe that data should drive instruction and that curriculum should be based on clear and rigorous standards;
- believe in reflecting on their performance with the desire and humility to grow in and improve upon their craft in the interest of student achievement;
- believe in having the highest expectations for all students and not making excuses for them, the school, or staff;
- believe that students, families, teachers, and school leaders should be held strictly accountable for their work;
- believe in building a positive school culture where respect, enthusiasm, effort, achievement, perseverance, community, and hard work are valued; and
- believe that for every problem, there is a solution, and that if we can’t find the answer immediately, we simply work longer, harder, and smarter.
Our Associate Teacher roles are designed to create an atmosphere of learning and experience-building under the supervision and guidance of a mentor teacher. Our Associate Teachers:
- work closely with a Mentor Teacher to plan, create, and execute rigorous and engaging biology lesson plans for two periods per day;
- engage in joint planning meetings and/or observe for best practices in peer classrooms for two periods a day;
- participate in flex and intervention coverage for three periods a day;
- serve as a Co-Advisor (along with a Mentor Teacher) to students;
- participate in testing coverage, hallway transitions, and student arrival and departure;
- attend and/or chaperoning afterschool and evening events, including family conferences;
- support after-school tutoring;
- engage in school-based professional development activities directed toward improved teacher practice, student achievement, and school improvement; and
- other such duties as the may from time to time request commensurate with the Employee’s position
To apply, please visit https://forms.gle/o94UihHGXv1GJbKX9. No telephone or email inquiries, please.
More information about Boston Collegiate Charter School may be found at www.bostoncollegiate.org.
Boston Collegiate is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or disability. Boston Collegiate is committed to building a supportive and inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of Boston.