Program Specialist, Volunteer & Community Partnerships
Responsible for resource and volunteer development by integrating into the immediate community and building mutually beneficial relationships with parents, faith community, businesses, advocates, and key stakeholders (i.e. schools, service providers, local and county government and other agencies). Work with the community to highlight strengths and identify challenges where resources need to be leveraged and developed to better support and serve its children, youth, and families. Plans and facilitates community workshops for participants.
- Plans and implements strategies to involve parents, educators, retired professionals, and community leaders as volunteers
- Manages the schedules of the volunteers
- Supervises the activities of the volunteers and provides direction
- Reviews and implements new methods for attracting, training, and retaining volunteer staff
- Incorporates and implements the Principles of Family Support and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work
- Plans and facilitates various FSC events, activities, workshops, etc.
- Maintains participant files in an organized and confidential manner
- Assists with tracking services and attendance for monthly/quarterly reports and monthly activities calendars
- Keeps accurate and organized files of resources and referral sources available to participants
- Maintains an array of educational and support materials for distribution to participants
- Attends conferences and community meetings as requested by supervisor
- Handles other assignments as requested
- Associates degree in a related field required.
- Two years of community partnership and outreach experience required
- Volunteer recruitment, coordination and supervision preferred
- Must be familiar with and comfortable in Irvington and surrounding areas
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite required.
- Medical Insurance Plan w/Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Disability & AD&D Insurance Plan
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Flexible Spending Plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Marielle Natera, MPH
Director of Community Programs
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Union Avenue, Suite 403
Irvington, NJ 07111
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.