Major Gifts Coordinator
Details: Salary commensurate with experience
The Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation for Ovarian Cancer Research (Tina’s Wish) was founded in 2008 in memory of the Honorable Tina Brozman, former chief judge of the SDNY Bankruptcy Court, wife, mother, and friend, who died two years after she was diagnosed – too late – with ovarian cancer.
The Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, that funds scientific research to find an effective screen for ovarian cancer. Know Early. Know Hope.® This is our mission.
Since its inception, Tina’s Wish has raised more than $11 million. Tina’s Wish is now awarding $1.2 million annually in private grants to fund cutting edge scientific research for the early detection and prevention of ovarian cancer.
The Major Gifts Coordinator is responsible for direct support of the pre-planning phase of an upcoming major gift campaign. This position will play a critical role moving the campaign forward and will collaborate with leadership and campaign consultant on: pipeline development, research, outreach, metrics, and goal setting.
The Major Gifts Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: meeting logistics and scheduling, writing and copy-editing assignments, assisting with gift strategies and solicitation, board engagement and coordination, and advanced research and prospect management. This person will have frequent interaction with staff, board members, prospective donors, and campaign volunteers.
This position requires a self-starter who can work both collaboratively and independently and possesses strong interpersonal skills. S/he must have the ability to use learned skills and understand of the organization’s programs to initiate and help develop new systems over time. The Major Gifts Coordinator must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be highly detail oriented.
- Work with organization leadership and campaign consultant to help set campaign priorities, activities and timeline; and provide necessary support to ensure timely follow-through;
- Oversee and track fundraising assignments/opportunities and provide logistical support and resources as needed;
- Help identify and research new prospects, assign capacity ratings, and assist in the development of strategies for engaging and cultivating major gift prospects and funding opportunities;
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including the donor database and wealth screening tools. Generate queries/reports as needed;
- Participate in the campaign volunteer (board) committee, and work with leadership to coordinate activities including: notices, support and training materials, and follow-up;
- Track “next step” strategies for cultivating and securing gifts from campaign donors in all ranges including personal solicitations;
- Prepare regular reporting of campaign activities and donor follow-ups to leadership;
- Monitor and report financial goals, such as donations and pledges;
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition;
- Other duties/special projects, as needed.
- 3-5 years of major gift development experience is preferred;
- Excellent communication and donor cultivation skills;
- Strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines;
- Ability to maintain quality relationships through communications with prospective and current donors, board members, volunteers, and staff as assigned;
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision;
- Computer proficiency, including fundraising software, MSOffice, Outlook, and Internet tools; must have database and spreadsheet experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
A generous benefits package is also provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required