Details: Commensurate with Experience; full benefits (health, paid time off, transit)
The Bookkeeper (BK) is an integral part of the Gibney Finance team, working with the Director of Finance to manage the overall financial performance of the organization. The BK is responsible for the effective administration of finance and data records, reconciling financial activities and capturing key data that demonstrate the relationship between organizational goals, fundraising and earned income targets and expense patterns.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Effective administration of finance and data records
· Reconcile financial activities and capturing key data that demonstrate the relationship between organizational goals, fundraising and earned income targets and expense patterns.
· Manage and maintain financial data and documents from all internal and external sources (staff, vendors, funders, etc.)
· Enter and maintains data in accounting system
· Perform all bank reconciliation
· Monitor cash flow and transfers in bank accounts
· Produce financial reports for review and refinement by CEO and Sr. Financial Director
· Become an expert in all aspects of Gibney’s financial software and data systems to ensures that data is accurate, complete and well-maintained
· Work with Sr. Financial Director to coordinate deliverables surrounding yearly fiscal audit
· Research and provide recommendation to best practices for systems and processes
The model BK candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance/business related field preferred
· Minimum of three years’ demonstrated experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, budgets, cash flow and tax knowledge
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Exhibit initiative and innovative skills
· Excellent project coordination, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Superior communication and writing skills
· Attention to detail, high productivity and concern for accuracy and excellence
· Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and strong database management skills are necessary
· Experience with Salesforce is preferred
· Possesses a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation and the ability to work without direct supervision and consistently meet deadlines
· Commitment to working in cross-functional teams
· Ability to foster positive, productive relationships, collaboration and teamwork
· Enthusiasm and commitment to the goals at hand
· Flexible, tactful and patient, especially under pressure
Summary Statement: The Bookkeeper (BK) works to advance Gibney as part of a coordinated Finance Team consisting of the Director of Finance, two Finance Associates, and a Finance Assistant. The BK reports to the Director of Finance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Deadline for submissions is October 19, 2018, however prompt submission is strongly encouraged. To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to email@example.com. Include “Bookkeeper” as the email’s subject line. Submissions must include:
· A brief cover letter including the following information: your interest in the position and the organization, evidence of the required experience (as outlined in the job description under “Qualifications and Experience”), the date you are available to start, and contact information for three professional references
· A résumé outlining your educational and professional experience
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review the complete job description on our website at www.gibneydance.org/about/jobs/ before submitting materials for consideration. Gibney will not consider submissions from applicants that do not have the required experience. Gibney will not consider submissions through employment agencies or online services.