275 Seventh Ave.
CancerCare seeks a full time employee with a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with focus in human services, social work, or psychology. At least two years in a health-related environment, with a women’s health focus preferred. Experience in human services and nonprofit preferred. Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish preferred. Hours will be 9-5 pm.
- Clear and distinct speaking voice, solid writing, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively listen, demonstrate empathy, establish rapport
- Commitment, compassion, and concern for clients, as well as a sense of professional discipline, responsibility and integrity with regard to interactions with callers and co-workers
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated
- Strong organization and time management skills. Excellent problem solving, decision making skills a must
- Mature attitude and professional judgment and demonstrate an understanding of Komen’s and CancerCare’s mission and goals.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Respond to calls and emails to the Helpline for information related to breast health and breast cancer including: current data on diagnosis, treatment, and research associated with breast cancer
- Locate screening, diagnostic, and treatment services for callers that are uninsured or underinsured
- Assess callers to provide immediate resolutions to their concerns
- Assistance in navigating through health care systems
- Listen and counsel callers to determine how client is coping with cancer, what support systems are available, and if there are additional educational and/or counseling needs that should be addressed by internal or external resources
- Follow up with callers to extend additional support and resources, as needed
Comprehensive benefits package and generous vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual language skills in English and Spanish a plus but not necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Marissa Fors, c/o CancerCare, Inc. 275 Seventh Avenue, NY, NY 10001; or, email@example.com.
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer.