The Program Director will implement and administer the 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) academic enrichment program proposed by Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS) in partnership with Marysville School District. The Program Director, 0.75 FTE, will oversee both 21st CCLC sites - Liberty Elementary and Quil Ceda Tulalip Elementary, and reports to WABS’ Executive Director. Activities shall meet the following requirements established by the 21st CCLC grant.
- Provide leadership and oversight of all aspects of 21st CCLC activities.
- Comply with applicable laws, policies, directives, and parameters of the 21st CCLC grant.
- Assist youth in meeting state and local achievement standards in core subjects – reading and math by offering high quality after school, and summer academic enrichment programs.
- Coordinate curricula between classroom and out of school time programs to reinforce, enrich, and complement student learning experiences.
- Coordinate and maintain the system for assessing, planning, measuring, reporting, and managing the activities of the 21st CCLC grant.
- Coordinate, plan, and implement regular staff meetings and professional development opportunities for site coordinators and direct service staff.
- Oversee family engagement opportunities offered to families involved in the 21st CCLC programs.
- Provide support to all school sites and the Community Planning, Evaluation and Sustainability Team as specified in the grant.
- Facilitate quarterly Community Planning, Evaluation and Sustainability Team meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of community partners and the school district.
- Maintain payroll and the budget for all 21st CCLC sites.
- Work with WABS, community partners, school district administrators, evaluators, site coordinators, academic liaisons, and direct service staff to implement grant activities and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, and/or 5 years experience coordinating youth development programs
- Strong knowledge of best practices in after school, summer, and family education programs
- Experience hiring, supervising, and coaching staff, 5 years minimum experience
- Excellent project management skills, including maintaining complex a workflow
- Experience building relationships with underserved students and families including low-income students and students of color
- Extensive experience hiring, supervising, and coaching staff (7+ years)
- Experience and knowledge of working with Indigenous communities
- Experience in public elementary schools, including designing academic curriculum to support struggling learners