Details: Salary is negotiable in commensurate with experience.
Strengthening kids and communities through the power of their own stories. Together, authoring a bold new world of equity and opportunity.
LitWorld is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization creating permanent positive change in the world. We implement on-the-ground innovative solutions to the hard-to-tackle challenge of illiteracy worldwide. The combined power of children’s own stories + access to diverse reading/writing experiences + peer to peer and adult mentor relationships = productive and transformational literacy. We work in close and trusting partnerships with locally based, grassroots organizations to build sustainable outcomes for young people around the world.
Scope of Work
The Program Coordinator will report to the Director of Program Innovation and the Director of Program Operation to deepen and support LitWorld’s impact globally and across the US. She/he will help develop curriculum, systems, and structures for LitWorld’s partnerships and programs. She/he will be interested in responding to partner’s needs to create or adapt curriculum. Success in this role requires excellent attention to detail, strong strategic thinking skills, an ability to build meaningful relationships, to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and joyful environment. Successful candidates will have a background in both program management and curriculum design and implementation.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Director of Program Innovation to support the development, revision and piloting of existing and new curriculum and partnership trainings
- Support managing strategic partner relationships
- Works closely with the the program team to support program systems and structures
- Leads trainings for program leaders
- Ensures project timelines are upheld
- Attends and helps plan trips to LitWorld’s programming locations (some travel required)
- Supports program measurement and evaluation by collecting and analyzing data and anecdotes
- Works closely with the communications team to effectively share stories from the field
- Plans local programming events
- Contributes to strategies around program deepening and growth across partners
Curriculum & Writing:
- Collaborates with LitWorld programming staff to develop and revise new and existing curriculum with special emphasis on integrating art and visual storytelling
- Supports LitWorld programming staff in piloting new curriculum in the field
- Assists with research and writing projects including articles, blogs, proposals and special projects to creatively tell the LitWorld story
- Supports planning, preparation, execution of LitWorld’s major events (including the Spring Fundraiser, the Annual Appeal and major advocacy days)
- Plan, direct, and participate in recruitment and management of LitWorld Internship Program.
- Supports grant writing, event planning and other donor cultivation as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, International Development or a relevant field
- At least 3+ years world experience with education, literacy, or social emotional programs
- Strong background in education and curriculum development
- Familiarity with popular education principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated qualities of leadership, sensitivity to cultural setting, commitment, and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with people across cultures, school partners, parents and staff
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects, ability to organize, plan and prioritize work tasks
- Ability to work independently and within a small multi-disciplinary team, asking for assistance when needed and collaborating with other team members
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong program and budget management skills, planning, reporting and analytical skills
- Experience working with diverse communities domestically and abroad
- Fluent Spanish
- Commitment to equality in education and literacy as a human right for all children
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate LitWorld programming domestically and abroad
- Must understand and commit to LitWorld’s core philosophies, principles and mission
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to connect on a personal level with individuals of various backgrounds and life experiences
LitWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LitWorld respects and values diversity. LitWorld is an equal opportunity employer. LitWorld will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability,veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits LitWorld and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
- Health Care
- 10 Vacation Days
- 7 Sick and Personal Days
- Commuter Benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following conventions:
- Subject: Program Coordinator – First Name Last Name
- Body of Email: Include name, contact information, salary requirements
- Attach: Cover letter and resume saved as First Name Last Name_cover letter & First Name Last Name_resume
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications received, Only successful candidates will be contacted.