The Community FoodBank of NJ is looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join our Resource Development Team. This role will report to the Director of Donor Engagement and Planned Giving and is based in our Hillside, NJ location.
This an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, dynamic and talented individual with experience in the field of fundraising. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant work experience, strong analytical skills, comfort engaging with major donors, and the ability to prioritize under deadlines. This position serves on the Donor Engagement team as a front-line fundraiser with individual donors and family foundations.
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 150 individual major donors (e.g., cumulative annual giving $5,000+) through stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Develops monthly solicitation strategies and financial targets as well as multi-year financial projections.
- Sets and executes on monthly/annual donor engagement activities and documents all activities in Salesforce.
- Prepares personalized major donor materials such as informational emails/mailings and solicitations.
- Works with Donor Engagement team to inform outreach and engagement strategies for mid-level donors and may be asked to maintain a small number of qualified mid-level donors on portfolio for cultivation purposes.
- Collaborates with all team members across Resource Development including Direct Response and Marketing, Corporate, Foundations, Special Events, and Volunteers to create high quality donor communications and collateral materials.
- Generates regular activity reports from Salesforce and analyzes donor trends.
- Makes recommendations for strategies to improve return rates across donor levels (e.g., upgrading mid-level to major donors and increasing major donor donation levels).
- Creates special/transformational gift opportunities (programmatic and capital) and works to secure those gifts.
- Strives for a high level of donor satisfaction and engagement with a mindset on the donor experience.
- Recommends strategies for improving donor engagement and reducing attrition rates.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of effective fundraising experience, with demonstrated success in major gifts fundraising.
- Established track record of cultivating relationships, soliciting gifts, and working with donors and volunteers.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to communicate effectively and think strategically, prioritize, and develop/meet deadlines.
- Computer fluency in MS Office, Salesforce (strongly preferred), web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Understanding of the record-keeping and stewardship systems that support a successful donor relations program.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative environment, as part of a team.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to participate in events outside the workday schedule (e.g., evenings and weekends).
- Must possess personal vehicle and valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as necessary.
- Knowledge of New Jersey philanthropy and Planned Giving tools and strategies a plus