Details: Commensurate with skills, experience and duties
The Immigrant Justice Corps (IJC) seeks a Communications Manager to join our fellowship program. IJC is the country's first fellowship program wholly dedicated to meeting the need for high-quality legal assistance for immigrants seeking citizenship, other affirmative applications, and fighting deportation. Inspired by Chief Judge Robert Katzmann of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, IJC brings together the country's most talented law school and college graduates to provide high quality representation to low income immigrants. IJC’s two-year Fellowship program connects Fellows to the best legal services providers and community-based institutions nationwide and leverages the latest technologies. The program also fosters a culture of creative thinking that engenders new strategies to reduce the justice gap for immigrant families, ensuring that immigration status is no longer a barrier to social and economic opportunity. Since IJC’s founding in 2014, IJC has effectively assisted over 44,000 immigrants and family members with a 93% success rate. The Communications Manager will report to IJC’s Executive Director.
This newly created position of Communications Manager will assist in enhancing Immigrant Justice Corps’ public facing reputation and ensure that the organization builds communications strategies and systems to advance the goal of universal representation. Since inception, IJC has embarked on an ambitious growth path. Essential to achieving greater visibility with this growth is an effective and strategic communications component. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will serve as the focal point for all IJC internal and external communications and assist in developing a long-term strategy for capitalizing on IJC’s unique ability as the premier immigration and social justice fellowship. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and drive content and branding for IJC to gain recognition as a leader in the field and provide support to the Executive Director in his role as lead spokesperson.
- Audit current infrastructure and assess communications capacity; begin to identify opportunities of messaging and delivery methods (print, social media, multi-media like video clips, etc.) and develop initial phasing of implementation.
- Work with fellows, staff, alumni and partners to identify potential areas of messaging and develop content and materials to enhance IJC’s presence in all forms of media. Provide capacity building including basic training and mentoring in developing media skills.
- Working with the Executive Director, identify and work together with partners to translate immediate responses to changes in the legal landscape for broader public understanding.
- Work to bolster communications around specific milestones, program priorities and other organizational goals by developing press releases and utilizing other modes of communication like social media.
- Identify appropriate sources and outlets, develop relationships and work with media, thought leaders, and other influencers to pitch and place stories.
- Develop systems and technical capacity to manage communications strategy and enhance assets such as the website, monthly newsletter, annual reports and other messaging.
- Work closely with Director of Development to think through impact of communications strategy in relation to fundraising operations and collaborate to accomplish this.
- Ensure monitoring, learning, and reporting is accomplished by close tracking of goals and ensuring milestones are reached.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on activities, including learning, to inform future activities and achieve project objectives.
Excellent benefits package including dental and vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor’s degree or higher with 4-7 years’ experience in media or communications field with a strong preference for a background in advocacy communications.
Excellent writing, communications and analytical skills;
Exceptional organizational and time management skills;
Proven track record in communications strategy, content development and facility with story-telling.
Strong familiarity and use of various social media platforms.
Ability to manage web interfaces and knowledge of programming highly desired.
Graphic design, video or photography skills highly desired.
Good interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial perspective, willingness to work within a dynamic team setting.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a detailed cover letter explaining why this job would be a great fit for you, a resume and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” included in the subject line. Those selected for interview will be required to submit a writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. IJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer