321 East 111th Street
Position: Beacon Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
The Beacon Director is responsible for effectively running an OST program during the school year and over the summer for participants ranging from kindergarten students to adults. S/he will lead a team comprised of one full-time Assistant Director and a number of part-time program staff across different specialties in recreation, education, arts, community and social services. Additionally, s/he will manage community partnerships and co-locators to create a comprehensive and responsive menu of programs and services in a safe and secure environment. The Beacon Director will be an ambassador for the Beacon Community Center in the neighborhood, and support outreach and relationship building with parents, schools, community leaders and other community organizations.
· Manage all aspects of programs and activities at the Beacon
· Oversee the staffing and management of all full-time and part-time staff, including staff recruitment, hiring, onboarding, evaluating performance and coaching
· Ensure accurate and complete data management for program evaluations
· Manage expenses, ensuring quality program implementation within budgetary limits
· Lead professional development, staff meetings, and trainings for staff as needed
· Develop community partnerships through community events and outreach
· Work with Program Leadership Team to ensure programs are aligned with BCNY best practices and grant requirements
· Monitor participant and community needs to ensure programs and offerings are appropriate and relevant
· Create a positive work atmosphere that fosters teamwork and a constructive exchange of ideas
· Ensure that all staff members adhere to behavior, discipline, and safety policies
· Maintain SACC certification compliance regulations
· Serve as liaison with the school, including representing the program at school leadership meetings
· Work with BCNY Executive Director and Chief Program Officer to ensure achievement of program goals
· Serve as the face of the Beacon in the community
· Other tasks as needed
· Some evenings and weekends will be required
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, preferred
· Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in a youth development organization, community center, or school, with at least three years in a supervisory/managerial role
· Completed SACC Site Supervisor Coursework
· Experience successfully supervising staff
· Experience working with youth, families and adults in an urban setting
· Sound understanding of the social and cultural issues facing urban youth and families
· Experience with budgets and financial oversight of programs
· Experience managing partnerships with other organizations
· Excellent supervision, management, and leadership skills, including knowledge of mentoring, evaluating, and inspiring staff
· First Aid and CPR certification desirable
Apply online at http://www.bcny.org/about-bcny/careers Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume and Cover letter required.