Details: This position offers a competitive local Guatemalan salary
Oficina de Fundacion Familia Maya, Calle del Rastro
Nutrition, Food Security & Community Development Program Manager
Mayan Families, a 501.c.3 registered Non Profit, provides opportunities and assistance to the indigenous and impoverished people of Guatemala through education and community development programs. We are located in Panajachel, Guatemala.
The Nutrition, Food Security & Community Development Program Manager will support the Strengthening Communities (SC) Program to develop, implement, and evaluate diverse initiatives for the nutrition, health and food security of indigenous communities in the rural highlands of Guatemala. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Operations and work closely with the Director of Development. Within the department, the Program Manager will be the liaison between the Donor Team and the Head of the Department.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled individual who is committed to sustainable change and social justice for indigenous populations. A strong candidate will be adaptable, flexible, and skilled at establishing strong relationships in a multicultural work environment.
- Manage a team of two Donor Team coordinators
- Oversee and collaborate across Mayan Families programs and departments to advance community-based initiatives and improve protocols.
- Work with Guatemalan counterparts to constantly improve strategies for communication, collaboration, and reporting.
- Manage processes through new database development (Salesforce).
- Manage and supervise donor relations staff members within Strengthening Communities, helping train new SC employees in location-specific cultural competence and systems thinking.
- Develop timelines and coordinate activities for the projects: Community Garden, Well Mother Well Baby, and Emergency Family Relief.
- Oversee and delegate tasks for donor relations staff members coordinating other initiatives within Strengthening Communities.
- Oversee budgets and monthly balances for programs and initiatives within Strengthening Communities (over $350,000).
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks and analysis for four projects: Community Garden, Emergency Family Relief, Community Vitamin Initiative, Preschool Nutrition Menu, Well Mother Well Baby, Elderly Care, and Kids in Critical Need.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation for Preschool Nutrition menus and Preschool Nutrition health curriculum.
- Develop technical assistance tools, assessments, and processes for evaluation of initiatives.
Program Planning/Technical Advising
- Provide technical expertise on nutrition and health-related program components and in case specific situations
- Perform desk research to inform program improvements
- Continuous development of the monitoring and evaluation plans and incorporation of information learned into program development
Community Food Security Assessments
- Maintain and strengthen analysis of community needs and food security indicators.
- Collaborate with Guatemalan counterparts to maintain community women’s group leadership and communication with Mayan Families.
- Report to Guatemalan counterparts about findings and program development.
Communications & Fundraising
- Write regular newsletters for the Strengthening Communities Program.
- Maintain communication with VIP donors
- Coordinate with the Director of Development and Communications Manager to fundraise
- Apply for and manage reporting for grants, including the ongoing vitamin grant.
- Supervise and train interns and volunteers.
- Assist with tasks and duties as required sometimes working outside of the Strengthening Communities Program.
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, public health or related degree
- MS, MPH, or other relevant advanced degree ideally in global health, nutrition, program planning, or a related field, preferred
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Strong passion for health, indigenous rights, and grassroots development.
- Ability to adapt and change working styles for a rapidly changing and growing, multicultural workplace.
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in Latin America or with indigenous people.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and working knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (both written and spoken).
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills- able to express compelling stories and communicate in a professional manner with donors, clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team without close supervision.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet critical deadlines, and provide excellent follow up.
- Understanding of social and economic issues facing indigenous Guatemalans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English, bilingual.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please write "Nutrition, Food Security & Community Development Program Manager" as the subject of the email.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
*ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED*
For more information please visit www.mayanfamilies.org