Details: Position is full-time, but based upon the needs of the selected candidate may begin as part-time and transition to full-time within first 3 months of hire.
BYP100 is seeking a Development Manager who is an innovative, experienced, organized, and detail-oriented self-starter to join our team to take us to the next level. This individual will be directly responsible for raising our profile and increasing our revenue in a manner that is true to our mission and in deep partnership with staff, members/chapters, and our boards of both the Education Fund (a 501c3) and Action Fund (a 501c4). This is an incredible opportunity for a driven individual to not only build a strong development team, but to actually define what development work looks like in in this moment, in this movement, and with an organization that is centered around a Black Queer Feminist lens/politic and led by young Black women.
BYP100 is National, member-based organization of Black 18-35 year old activists and organizers, dedicated to creating justice and freedom for all Black people. We do this through building a network focused on transformative leadership development, direct action organizing, advocacy, and political education using a Black queer feminist lens.
BYP100 has a national office is located in Chicago, but applicants are not required to live or move here. If hired, individuals not living within the Chicago metropolitan area will work remotely and be required to travel to/from the national and chapter offices every 1-2 months or as needed.
This position would begin in January 2018.
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: Grant Writer and Development Associate
Salary range begins at $51,0000 and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Position is full-time, but based upon the needs of the selected candidate may begin as part-time and transition to full-time within first 3 months of hire.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with BYP100 staff and members to develop and implement a comprehensive development plan with strategies and long range goals for individuals and foundations, including donor cultivation/fundraising events and monthly giving program.
- Partner with BYP100 members, staff, and board to identify their specific community or area of focus’ development needs and collaborate on strategy and execution.
- Create a data reporting strategy and evaluation plan to measure impact of the work.
- Supervise a grant writer, who prepare and submit proposals, letters of inquiry, reports and other correspondence with funders in a timely manner.
- Isolate and create, from previous submittals and member/staff interviews, standard language to be used in grant proposals and other communications by staff and members: including organizational background and history, program descriptions, explanations of systems, needs statements, demographic information, etc.
- Identify and research funding prospects, concentrating on individual donors, philanthropic foundations, and other socially and culturally responsible partnerships to further BYP100’s strategic and development plans.
- Manage the donor databases (Powerbase/Civic CRM + ActBlue) to ensure proper accountability and stewardship, including data entry, acknowledgements, queries, report building, and assessing donor trends and analytics
- Maintain grants calendar (submittals, reports, renewals, etc.); monitor progress and ensure that all deadlines are met
- Report periodically to board regarding development efforts and progress toward goals
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to develop print and electronic communications, including annual report, social media, web site management content development, press releases, presentations, videos and other marketing collateral.
- Create, track, and report on annual development budget
- Work with Co-Directors to create and disseminate winter and spring appeals.
- Travel to/from BYP100 National Headquarters in Chicago and other locations as necessary, every 1-2 months.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) in development: fundraising, community building, grant writing and reporting, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb relationship building and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others
- Capable of handling multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines while anticipating quickly changing needs
- Work both independently and as a collaborative team member
- Ability to innovate
BYP100 pays up to $400 towards health premium, 100% of dental, short-term disability, life insurance, and offers a progressive vacation/paid time off plan (25+ days off per year).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and 2-3 examples of successful past campaigns or events with a a brief narrative detailing what made them successful to email@example.com. This position will be listed until filled.
No phone calls please.
BYP100 is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage women, femme, LGBTQ, and non-college degree holders to apply. BYP100 prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.