Executive Director - Triangle Community Center
- Job posted by CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Center
Founded in 1990 by a group of community leaders who saw the need of creating a safe space for the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County Connecticut, Triangle Community Center is Fairfield County's leading provider of programming and resources to nurture growth and connectivity within the LGBTQ community (the Community).
TCC serves over 300 individuals who utilize its programs and services on a regular basis as well as over 5,000 members of the Fairfield County community who attend a TCC program or event, at least once a year. While our primary service area is Fairfield County, we often see people travel from Westchester, New Haven and Litchfield counties to attend one of the programs we offer. TCC’s key target population is the LGBTQ community in Fairfield County, but we welcome all who seek our services and have many clients who do not identify as LGBTQ.
TCC’s mission is to serve as Fairfield’s County leading provider of programming and resources to nurture growth and connection within the LGBTQ community. For more information, please visit http://www.ctpricenter.org
The position reports to the Board of Directors, comprised of highly committed people who are passionate about the TCC mission. The Executive Director (ED) will be the staff leader, responsible for setting TCC’s program priorities and operationally executing its strategic plan, and providing direct operational and staff support.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a visionary leader to leverage the power of a strong grassroots network of passionate volunteers and donors to advance equality for all through service offerings, support, education and advocacy.
CULTURE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
TCC is seeking an Executive Director who is a diligent leader with exceptional interpersonal skills. The ED will have diversity of talent and thought leadership, while being a leader for the community.
Personal Characteristics and Abilities
- Culturally proficient and a natural leader within the Community;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, communication and listening skills;
- Comfortable in leading conversations and proactively engaging the Community;
- Understanding of and ability to embrace cultural, racial, generational and ethnic diversity;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively represent the organization across all media sectors;
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. An advanced degree in related field helpful (e.g.., M.P.H., M.P.A., M.B.A., J.D.);
- Demonstrated record of executive leadership experience with a nonprofit organization;
- A track record of success cultivating, stewarding and soliciting corporate, foundation and individual gifts;
- Understanding of nonprofit governance and experience leading staff and volunteers;
- Experience with nonprofit finance including overseeing financial management, financial systems, managing budgets, reporting, and audits;
- A record of success in fostering collaboration and strengthening networks;
- Proficient with technology and capable to adapt to new technologies implemented to efficiently manage the Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create fundraising strategy that ensures long-term, sustainable sources of income and support staff in reaching targets;
- Act as the organization’s Leader at events, with major donors, and with influencers in corporations and private foundations;
- Supervise the Development Officer in their work on fundraising goals, donor cultivation and donor engagement;
- Lead the organization’s grant writing strategy to identify new resources to continue to sustain, develop and expand the center’s programs and services.
Financial Management and Administration
- Develop the annual budget, ensuring the allocation of resources in accordance with the strategic roadmap;
- Recruit, motivate and support staff to advance the organization’s mission;
- Oversee and strengthen the organizational systems and structures to support and sustain growth;
- Supervise the Deputy Director who has responsibility for all Programs and Services offered by the Center.
Strategy and Vision
- Continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, and reflects the communities we serve;
- Fuel the Center’s continued growth, leading to success in all areas of operations;
- Build partnerships with peer organizations that support TCC’s mission and vision in order to maximize impact of our mission;
- Engage the Board, staff, and external stakeholders as appropriate to periodically review and revise, evaluate and implement the organization’s strategic roadmap, rooted in support, education, and advocacy.
Marketing and Communications
- Represent the Center at local events and special programs that are focused on the LGBTQ community, some may require hours outside of the typical work office, including some weekends;
- Serve as the ambassador for the Center, by sharing the mission and the vision when speaking at public events;
- Develop, oversee and execute an inclusive and impactful marketing and communications strategy to heighten the awareness of the programs and services that the center offers to potential clients and supporters;
- Utilize exceptional communications and relationship building skills, including the ability to inspire and educate various constituencies, to help advocate the LGBTQ community and for the needs of the Center.
TCC is offering a competitive compensation package for this position, which is a full-time exempt position, with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life, and generous paid time off arrangement. Reimbursement of basic relocation expenses may be available for exceptionally qualified candidates.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a brief cover letter, including salary expectations, résumé, and references as attachments via e-mail to:
Email: email@example.com - Put "TCC Executive Director" in the subject line.
No calls or agencies, please.
All inquiries or referrals will be held in strict confidence.
Triangle Community Center is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with policies of Triangle Community Center, employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or any other class or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Please note that education, dates of employment, and other information provided will be verified prior to employment.