Marketing Manager, Tasveer
The mission of Tasveer is to inspire social change through thought-provoking South Asian films, art, and storytelling. Tasveer was founded in 2002, in the aftermath of 9/11 to provide a platform for South Asians to undo stereotypes of South Asians in the mainstream media and to promote social change.
Tasveer is looking for a passionate marketing manager to build and create strategic and integrated marketing plans for all programs including but not limited to the Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF), Tasveer South Asian Literature Festival (TSAL), Tasveer Film Fund, Tasveer Youth Collective Series and more.
The Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Development Manager.
Overall Marketing Responsibility
- Create and maintain Tasveer marketing calendar;
- Write copy and edit written materials for style, grammar, and tone;
- Help make a marketing budget across all campaigns and events;
- Ability to create artwork using Photoshop, Illustrator or Canva;
- Research and build brand positioning and narrative by targeting key audiences, their demographics and personas;
- Track KPI analytics and data to set marketing goals and benchmarks for each event;
- Measures and evaluates Tasveer’s online and print communications and media relations in order to measure impact and set goals to increase engagement and overall effectiveness.
- Records monthly statistics for website, e-newsletter, social media pages, as well as community presentations and media appearances
Social Media Marketing
- Build, create, develop a Social Media strategy
- Research, create and boost paid media campaigns across Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Write email marketing copy for campaigns and deploy using Salsa Engage(training provided);
- Manage copy-edit for all marketing messaging and communications for Tasveer website;
- Write and disseminate press releases and media alerts; maintains media lists;
- Edits communications materials are written by other staff members and ensures all communications adhere to the organization’s style guide;
- Pitch articles and interviews and programs to media
- Maintain relationships with members of the media and set up interviews
- Coordinate media sponsorships
- Plan, design, and place print, radio, and digital ads, adhering to brand guidelines
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in a marketing communications role building out 360 degree integrated marketing plans
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong background in paid media, analytics and paid advertising strategy
- Ability to build rapport with key partners to grow programs and initiatives
- Creative thinker and data-driven
- Proven track record of project management and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of CRM software and content management systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working in small teams, and comfortable with ambiguity and minimal direction
- Self-starter; must have ability to self-lead direction on key programs and plans
- Passion for film, entertainment, the arts and social justice
Pay: $48,000 - $58,000
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Holidays, Additional total 2.5-week vacation in Summer and Winter, 401K.