Details: Commensurate with experience
400 Atlantic Street Southeast
District of Columbia
In an effort to meet the increasing demand for its services, better serve those in poverty and truly build a movement to end it, A Wider Circle is introducing several new positions to support our growth. Included in these positions are three additional Vice President roles, one of which is the Vice President, Community-Based programming.
This is a leadership position for an individual who wants to be a significant part of the movement to end poverty in this nation. The position provides an opportunity to help build a national model for neighborhood transformation.
The Vice President will be the lead person for A Wider Circle’s multi-site program in high-poverty neighborhoods throughout Washington, D.C. Community-Based Programming gives A Wider Circle the opportunity to implement our 15-Point Plan to End Poverty in concert with the goals and desires of residents in each Community-Based Programming site.
More than any other consideration, it is important to see this as more than a job, similar to the way in which the most devoted Civil Rights leaders and members of the Women’s Suffrage Movement saw their missions and their daily work.
- Oversee all programs that comprise the Community-based division of A Wider Circle, to include Workforce Development, Health and Wellness, Basic Needs Provision, and other elements of the 15-point plan.
- With each site Director, and in concert with the Director of Research/M&E, track outcomes of all programs.
- Work with site directors and other Community-Based staff to create a strategic plan for each program site.
- Oversee outreach and partnerships
- With A Wider Circle's President and our Outreach and Development leadership, reach out to current and potential supporters for participation in programming and specific parts of the 15-point plan.
- With the Agency Partnerships team, reach out to other nonprofits and community organizations to form partnerships that will benefit the residents of the neighborhood.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- 10+ years of experience in non-profit program management and human services
- Considerable leadership and staff management experience
- Experience working in urban poverty settings
- An ability to work with an outcomes-based approach
- Strong desire to serve as a change agent in the movement to end poverty
A Wider Circle provides health insurance, retirement, and other voluntary benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com