1630 South Street
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your skills and experience to help those who are in need? Bethesda Project has a great opportunity for you to use those skills to impact the lives of our residents and shelter guests and to be family to those who have none.
Residential/Shelter Staff (P/T and On-Call) work at at our housing and shelter sites and provide critical support and play an important role in the care of our homeless and formerly homeless populations.
Note: Candidates must be available to work varied schedules including weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.
RESIDENTIAL AIDE (Housing Programs)
- Supervise the morning self-administration of medications.
- Assist the residents in making and fulfilling medical and legal appointments.
- Assist the Case Manager in activities for residents
- Coach residents in fulfilling plans for assisted daily living.
- Oversee Community Life on assigned floors, including volunteer visits, activities, and special events.
- Follow through on the house chore list and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
SHELTER STAFF (Shelter Sites)
- Assist with the supervision of each meal.
- Monitor administration of guests' medications.
- Identify number of available beds upstairs and downstairs by checking the Weekly Attendance Record for discharges.
- Alert supervisor or other designated staff of any changes throughout the shift.
- Bend and kneel as necessary.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Walk and climb stairs
- Lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Experience with mental health issues and knowledge of safe behavioral management techniques.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume and salary requirements (Word or PDF Format only) via our website: Click Here to Apply
Applicants offered employment will undergo a Criminal History Report, reference and background checks and pre-employment testing (drug screen and/or physical examination).
We regret that we are unable to personally acknowledge receipt of employment inquiries due to the large number of submissions that we receive. No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest in Bethesda Project.
Bethesda Project is a non-profit human services provider that has been serving the Philadelphia community for nearly 40 years. Bethesda Project is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workplace diversity. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a 403(b) plan.