550 POST AVENUE
Westbury Friends School seeks a full time Nursery Teaching Assistant (3-4 year olds) who is responsible, energetic, and motivated for IMMEDIATE HIRE
Teaching Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Assist teacher to design and maintain a classroom environment that facilitates active, hands-on learning, group management, self-expression and choice, cultural diversity and inclusion of all children.
- Encourage play, and growth in all areas of development: social, emotional, cognitive, language, physical, and more.
- Learn and understand the class materials and instructional methods used by the teacher.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Be able to support all students regardless of skill level.
- Help assess whole child’s development daily through anecdotal records, work samples, checklists, attendance records and other documents and records.
- Attend training and other professional development activities.
- Be professional and kind in interactions with children, co-workers, and families.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field preferred. At least two years of classroom experience necessary.
The Nursery Teaching Assistant hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday and is a 10 month position with the option of full-time summer employment.
Medical, Dental, Vison, Short-term and long-term disability offered
Paid federal holidays, school vacations, and personal days
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required