About Impact Justice
Impact Justice is a national innovation and research center that is committed to reducing the number of people involved in our juvenile and adult criminal justice system, improving conditions for those who remain incarcerated, providing meaningful opportunities for success for those rejoining our communities and improving justice outcomes for crime victims. Impact Justice is working with bipartisan support to reduce our nation’s over-reliance on incarceration, with research, evaluations, technical assistance, policy work and the use of innovation and experimentation.
[NOTE: This is a 3-month temporary position]
The Administrative Associate I (AAI) position at Impact Justice is a fast-paced and detail-oriented role that requires creative problem solving, excellent people-skills, a service-oriented mind-set, and the ability to work methodically through both complex and tedious tasks. The AAI position handles a wide variety of responsibilities and is a core part of the IJ Administrative team. The primary focus of the AAI role is on general operations and systems support, with occasional work in specific programmatic and project management tasks.
The Administrative Associate I will report to the Operations Manager, and will be expected to work full-time (40 hours/week). Although we are a national organization with many off-site employees, this role is expected to provide significant on-site support, and so is expected to be in the Oakland office 8:30am-5pm. AAI responsibilities primarily consist of the following, but are not limited to these:
- Managing, maintaining and improving several distinct core operations systems, including internet conferencing systems, inventory and support request systems, file storage systems, organizational systems, room booking systems, etc.
- Acting as receptionist for the Oakland Office
- Acting as phone receptionist and ‘air traffic controller’ for both internal and external inquiries and messages, directing these to the right people and places within the organization
- Supporting the Operations Manager to improve the systems and processes of the organization by assisting in the research, development, implementation, and roll-out of new systems and processes
- Basic real-time technical support with computers, software, and other technology infrastructure.
- Work with IJ’s IT team to identify and resolve larger technical problems, and roll-out new IT systems or fixes
- Basic office functions, such as printing, scanning, copying, as well as trouble-shooting issues with these functions for other office staff
- Supporting the planning, set-up, and break-down of events and large meetings
- Program-related tasks as needed.
Required Applicant Qualifications:
- 1 year of work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, proactive, solutions-oriented demeanor and mind-set
- Strong personal time management skills – ability to manage and prioritize many tasks across multiple projects
- Quick learner – capable of learning how to do new things quickly with limited guidance
- Good people skills – you will need to work with people to help them find solutions to problems
- High proficiency with modern computers, standard office software, and cloud-based applications (PC and/or Mac, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to AdminAssociateJob@impactjustice.org. Please have the subject line of the email read "[Your Last Name], [Your First Name] Application for IJ AA Position." Application deadline is June 25, 2018.
Impact Justice provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, criminal history, disability or genetics. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer communities, and individuals with experience in the criminal justice system to apply.