Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP), the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications and public relations messages to articulate Alteristic's mission and oversee the consistent implementation of the Alteristic branding guidelines. The Director of Communications will ensure that Alteristic is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within a diverse network and constituent base.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the leadership team as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Work with the SVP to develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the organization's discreet audiences in collaboration with the Alteristic team and constituents
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Work with the External Relations team to develop an editorial calendar and oversee its implementation
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, training materials, newsletters, brochures, videos, and website
- Produce materials for donor engagement including content for grant applications
- Mentor and lead a team member responsible for Alteristic's website administration and coordination
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the organization’s network over time
- Oversee asset management including videos, photographs, recordings and their distribution
- Work with SVP to manage all media contacts
- Alteristic is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications who has at least 7 years of communications experience and covering areas such as website oversight, production of printed materials, and donor communications.
- Must have experience in both print and electronic media production.
- Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite software with emphasis on InDesign. Illustrator and Photoshop
- The ability to transform knowledge into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Master's degree in advertising, communications, public relations or a similar area of study or relevant experience
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- Experience with most up-to-date industry software and technologies (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required